dive card oops..advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artgirl

Reaction score
Sooo, 3 1/2 weeks ago I asked my local dive shop where I was certified to please help me get an updated certification card with my new married name and all the certifications I have since my open water cert. and logged dives. After telling them I was leaving for a dive trip in a few weeks they assured me that I would have my new card by trip time. After 2 weeks of hearing nada, I checked back with them and no one had done a thing. With new urgency, I reminded them I needed my card very quickly. A nice employee got on it. She called and told me to pick it up today, that it was waiting for me at the div e shop reception desk ( I leave in 2 days for Cozumel). After a long business trip and 5 hours of driving home, I head into the shop where no one can find my card It's lost. They offer to send it to my home address when and if they find it. Of course this does me no good and the dive shop is one hour from my house. After waiting around for 45 minutes and answering the same questions about 1/2 a dozen times, I leave the dive shop with a paper printout of what is supposed to be my new dive card. Can anyone tell me if this is going to be accepted? I am beyond frustrated.

The paper temporary card will be accepted. what agency are you certified through? most can be looked up online. PADI now has an eCard that is saved in your smartphone or tablet.

A Temp. Cert. card will work fine.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I can stop the freak out now. I was certified with SSI and unfortunately I am old school.. no smartphone or tablet for me.. just a cheapie phone from Wally world I add minutes onto.

No one is Cozumel has ever looked at my cards, really...

Maybe it's my age, age of my T-shirts, I dunno? I make sure that they have my correct DAN info.

In Roatan, they did pretend to look at my card - but I showed this one...

Nitrox card.jpg

Who are you diving with in Cozumel?

When I lost my card I didn't go to the diveshop. I went on line. Entered my information, including Credit Card, and about 10 days later the card showed up.

Thank you for responding so quickly. I can stop the freak out now. I was certified with SSI and unfortunately I am old school.. no smartphone or tablet for me.. just a cheapie phone from Wally world I add minutes onto.

SSI? Then you are in luck. You can look up and print out temporary cards at ANY time with SSI for FREE. Just go to their website, click on "diver verification" and put in your date of birth and name. All your certs are there.

You can eitehr print them out, or just do it at the dive shop when you get there.

SSI :: SSI Scuba Schools International :: take your dive @ diveSSI.com

Didn't know that Ozgriffo and Dmoore, thank you for the good info. I wish the dive shop would have just told me that in the beginning when I first asked... could have avoided the stress, frustration and gas $$.
Beaverdiver...my husband and I are diving with Dive with Martin. I don't like the idea of doing backrolls, I'm a small lady and my feet go dangling and it's the most awkward, unbalanced and sometimes dangerous move for me on those small boats, but there were other points to choosing this dive shop that sold me so I compromised that issue.

Didn't know that Ozgriffo and Dmoore, thank you for the good info. I wish the dive shop would have just told me that in the beginning when I first asked... could have avoided the stress, frustration and gas $$.
Beaverdiver...my husband and I are diving with Dive with Martin. I don't like the idea of doing backrolls, I'm a small lady and my feet go dangling and it's the most awkward, unbalanced and sometimes dangerous move for me on those small boats, but there were other points to choosing this dive shop that sold me so I compromised that issue.

My wife is 4'10" and 115 lbs. (and mean). You smaller than that?:eek: She has no trouble with back rolls. Kick those feet up, aim to hit the water with the top half of your tank.

Back
Top Bottom