Sabor comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
we're still at Sabor.

Get ready to pay more and move up in class there....

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is a side discussion split from another thread in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get ready to pay more and move up in class there....
I don't see how they can get anymore $ for the rooms in that section of the hotel. It's the oldest part of the hotel and they expose you to legionnaires disease. All I can tell them is "good luck with that". They already have to discount the price and throw in a car to get me to go now.

Probably like this:

AMResorts to rebrand Cozumel resorts - Travel Weekly

Posted on: September 13, 2012

AMResorts to rebrand Cozumel resorts

By Gay Nagle Myers
AMResorts will introduce its all-inclusive Secrets and Sunscape brands in Cozumel, when it rebrands four resorts.

The company has taken over the Sabor Cozumel Resort & Spa, Sabor Cozumel Exclusive Resort & Spa, Aura Cozumel Grand and Regency Cozumel. The four properties remain open during renovations.

Sabor Cozumel Exclusive and Aura Cozumel will be combined to become the 174-room Secrets Aura Cozumel. The resort will add 15 new oceanfront and oceanview rooms. The rebranding will take place in December, AMResorts said.

Three restaurants will be modified to become the brand's Bordeaux, Oceana and Windows restaurants, and a new shopping area is due to open in January 2013.

Sabor Cozumel and Regency Cozumel will be combined to become the 330-room Sunscape Sabor Cozumel.

Modifications include complete room redos and the addition of the brand's Portofino, Da Mario, El Patio and Market Café restaurants. The rebranding is set for mid-January.

The rebranded resort will share a spa, which plans to open a hydrotherapy circuit and fitness center by mid-March.

They can change the name and remodel, but if they can't sell the rooms the price is going to go right back down to where it was. So then you'll be in a remodeled room for the same price.

Last edited:
They can change the name and remodel, but if they can't sell the rooms the price is going to go right back down to where it was. So then you'll be in a remodeled room for the same price.
I know the one that had the Legionnaires problem. Is it the former Reef Club? I stayed there with a group once years ago and was so happy to escape it. They've shuffled the names of those south end resorts so much, I can't keep up. If SB & TA keep their old histories alive, they'll have difficulties raising prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me get this straight..you will return to place that exposes you to Legionaires Disease..?

So let me get this straight..you will return to place that exposes you to Legionaires Disease..?
I stayed there six times without a problem. In that time 12000 other people have stayed there without a problem also. If I thought I was actually going to contract legionnaires disease then no I wouldn't stay there.

Well, I guess if you are confident they will fail, you will be fine. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom