Fiesta Americana any better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the helpful info on the Reef Club Cozumel, per your recommendations we decided to find somewhere else on Coz to stay and dive. Any thoughts on the Fiesta Americana Dive Resort? Plus, these rates I found are through www.bayadventures.com , has anyone booked travel through them before?

Mel

Mel,

Stayed at FA several times and have always been happy with facilities and service. I have used another agency for booking but don't have the name and website here at work. If you interested, PM with your email address and I will send it to you. Last year we stayed in the Casita Suites which are out back for about $100 night if I remeber right. I can check before I send the email back to you. I am getting ready to book a trip in May and will stay at FA again.

Never made it too look at the Casita Suites, but I will say I'd go back there in a heart beat. We stayed there last November.

The food was incredible. I'm as picky as hell, and I loved it.

The only downfall is, it's so far from town.

DeepScuba:
Never made it too look at the Casita Suites, but I will say I'd go back there in a heart beat. We stayed there last November.

The food was incredible. I'm as picky as hell, and I loved it.

The only downfall is, it's so far from town.

Taxi not bad....I believe it is 40-50 pesos to town for dinner. We always eat in town. Great food to be found in Coz.

It's still too far and annoying to get to town every day.

When we stayed at SCC, it was a nice 10min walk every day, just past the Wal-mart.

And then, of course, we occassionally get rolled by the local police........

I figured I could get pretty cocky before he'd pull out that big iron and let me have a piece :)

After all, we're touristas.

heheheh

OK it wasn't that bad.

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana last July and loved it. Yes, it is far from town but we didn't mind... and the food there was excellent as well. We liked their pool and beach area and the rooms were spacious and clean. I booked directly with Fiesta Americana and was able to get the same price (or better) than some of the packages offered through the travel services...

FWIW:

From Toronto: flight, taxes, accoms, meals $1100.00 Canadian Dollars each, for a week.

DeepScuba:
It's still too far and annoying to get to town every day.
When we stayed at SCC, it was a nice 10min walk every day, just past the Wal-mart. And then, of course, we occassionally get rolled by the local police........
I figured I could get pretty cocky before he'd pull out that big iron and let me have a piece :) After all, we're touristas. heheheh

OK it wasn't that bad.

Deep, your kidding about the police right? Never heard anything like that about Coz..........ok............I now have a big hook in my mouth!! LOL

No I'm not kidding.

But once in 3 trips ain't bad. We were with a "local" so I don't know if that helped or not. Actually it was the locals' problem, not ours (Unless they started to load our gear in their cop cars!!). Then I would have been real pi$$ed and for SURE missed my flight due to jail time or profuse bleeding from a little round hole in the center of mass :)

I hate BS and tend to be over excited when it crosses my path and annoys me. Fortunately the pay-off worked and jail or whatever was avoided.

heheheh, it was the highlight of the trip!

5615mike:
Deep, your kidding about the police right? Never heard anything like that about Coz..........ok............I now have a big hook in my mouth!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom