Cozumel Non-inclusives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stokoe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We used to go to Cozumel quite a bit in the '80s and '90s. It is a much different island today. We are going to meet some friends and family there in January. We haven't been there in several years. Can anyone recommend a short list of non-inclusive (normal) hotels? Most of the threads I've found here are either fairly old or specifically looking for all-inclusives. Trip Advisor mixes them together, so it is difficult to sort which are which. Plus, I have mixed luck with TA. We would like to stay somewhere nice, but doesn't have to be luxury. West side, preferably oceanside, access to diving, but doesn't have to have a direct pier pick-up (I'm the only one diving, so I don't necessarily want my needs running the show). We're familiar with El Presidente, but what others are there?

Thanks,
Scott

Casa del Mar has an "all inclusive if you want it" plan. $39/day per person. Shore diving there and no fee for pier pick up from other shops.
-Blair

What price range & are you looking for a place with "resort" style features or just a hotel? Without AI you'll either need to be close to town or have a rental car. Hotel Cozumel can be AI or non AI, Villablanca is non & I think Casa Del Mar is non AI but a long walk into town. There are several decent hotels in town but they lack the amenities of the places I've named.

Fiesta Americana is closed until March 2014 :( We had wanted to stay there...

For downtown, it seemed like Suites Bahia got great reviews; though was kind of a bare bones place to stay.

Casa Mexicana. It does it include their breakfast buffet which is fantastic but it's not all inclusive. Easy and quick walk to all local restaurants and bars downtown area.

Easy pick-up for diving from municipal pier.

Don't forget Coral Princess or Playa Azul. Beautiful near north of town with no cruise ship weenies.

Dave Dillehay Aldora Divers

Try VRBO. There are a lot of properties, both north and south, that are very nice and affordable if there are more than a couple in the group. We stayed at Residencias Reef in May where there is pretty beach for the non-diver and quick access to the reefs which means you get back in time for lunch with your friends. You do need a car if you want to eat the yummy food in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom