Christmas gifts for Children who really deserve it in Cozumel 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Choice Mexico

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear diver(s) and Cozumel lovers,

A couple of years ago we have started with a great idea for Christmas and it has been a GREAT success as well!
Thanks to you!
We are collecting Christmas gifts for poor children in Cozumel.

It is always a blast to see the smiles on the faces of the children every year and with your help we have collected over 950 gifts last year!
This year we already have collected some gifts again and we are getting there, but I want to ask you if you have a little bit of spare space in your suitcase, please buy a small gift for a child who really will appreciate it here in Cozumel.
If you do not have extra space in your bag, you can of course also buy something right here on the island!

Where ever you stay on the island, you can participate!
Write us a mail: info@divechoicemexico.com or a private message on this board and we can meet somewhere on the island or we can pick it up at your hotel.

Deep Blue in the center of town will also collect the toys.
You can find them on Avenida 10, corner Rosado Salas, opposite where used to be La Choza, for the Cozumel insiders.

Also our office is at Avenida 85 between Calle 7 e Hidalgo numero 11
If you drop of gifts at one of these points, could you leave me your email address so that I can send you a thank you mail!
Sometimes we get donations without a name or email addres in the bag.

Let's put a smile on a child's face together!!!!

(We know it is early in the year, but we cannot start soon enough to get that many gifts)

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2013 at 11:09 AM ----------

Christmas in Cozumel - YouTube

Here is last years video!

Thanks a lot for that!
You also can write/contact us throughout the whole year for this and we will pick it up.
We have a storage where we collect everything for Christmas!

I have already bought a few small things that we will bring down this weekend...but space is limited as we are coming with 5 bags in preparation of our move there in January. I can either buy something on the island like you suggested or give you some money so you can buy exactly what is needed. Loved that picture of you with a shopping cart with 4-5 of the same items. :)

Betty

It could be useful if there are particular things that kids tend to want, particularly if it's available in the toy tent at Chedraui or elsewhere on the island. I tend to be wary of getting things that require expensive batteries, but it would be good to know if that concern is misplaced.

It could be useful if there are particular things that kids tend to want, particularly if it's available in the toy tent at Chedraui or elsewhere on the island. I tend to be wary of getting things that require expensive batteries, but it would be good to know if that concern is misplaced.

Actually this is really good remark!

What to buy:

What we have seen throughout the 5 years that we have the event is that the most simple toys, like a ball, a doll, a Teddy Bear, things to color with crayons etc. are the most popular toys. Or toys that are in the children movies of that year. Toys that need batteries normally is not a good idea as the parents might not have the money to buy batteries.
Just anything that you would like to give to a child that really deserves it in the age group 0 – 12 years old is more than welcome!!!

I have already bought a few small things that we will bring down this weekend...but space is limited as we are coming with 5 bags in preparation of our move there in January. I can either buy something on the island like you suggested or give you some money so you can buy exactly what is needed. Loved that picture of you with a shopping cart with 4-5 of the same items. :)

Betty

Haha Betty!

You mean these pictures?

Attachments

• xmas2312120127 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    xmas2312120127 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 91
  • xmas2312120130.jpg
    xmas2312120130.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 90
  • xmas2312120132.jpg
    xmas2312120132.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 99
  • xmas2312120133.jpg
    xmas2312120133.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 80
Dear diver(s) and Cozumel lovers,

A couple of years ago we have started with a great idea for Christmas and it has been a GREAT success as well!
Thanks to you!
We are collecting Christmas gifts for poor children in Cozumel.

It is always a blast to see the smiles on the faces of the children every year and with your help we have collected over 950 gifts last year!
This year we already have collected some gifts again and we are getting there, but I want to ask you if you have a little bit of spare space in your suitcase, please buy a small gift for a child who really will appreciate it here in Cozumel.
If you do not have extra space in your bag, you can of course also buy something right here on the island!

Where ever you stay on the island, you can participate!
Write us a mail: info@divechoicemexico.com or a private message on this board and we can meet somewhere on the island or we can pick it up at your hotel.

Deep Blue in the center of town will also collect the toys.
You can find them on Avenida 10, corner Rosado Salas, opposite where used to be La Choza, for the Cozumel insiders.

Also our office is at Avenida 85 between Calle 7 e Hidalgo numero 11
If you drop of gifts at one of these points, could you leave me your email address so that I can send you a thank you mail!
Sometimes we get donations without a name or email addres in the bag.

Let's put a smile on a child's face together!!!!

(We know it is early in the year, but we cannot start soon enough to get that many gifts)

---------- Post added November 3rd, 2013 at 11:09 AM ----------

Christmas in Cozumel - YouTube

Here is last years video!

Just thought I would repost as a reminder to those that may be heading down between now and Xmas. K

Just thought I would repost as a reminder to those that may be heading down between now and Xmas. K

Good reminder! I've been in touch with Dive Choice and am excited to bring a few goodies. The videos of handing out gifts in previous years are awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom