Prayer request...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Today I am grateful for life and will remember never to take it for granted! It is precious and can change in seconds! My heart is heavy by the circumstances that remind me of this.

Cozumel has lost a friend, a husband, a son, a respected community leader, and a brilliantly gifted Dr. in the local community as well as the diving community - Dr. Fernando Senties Nieto (Dr.Chey). Some of you may have seen it on the news last night. Dr. Chey was on board a private medical jet coming back from Ft. Lauderdale last night wh
en the plane crashed just after take-off - approximately 3 miles off shore. Dr. Chey treated me for my DCS (decompression sickness) and was also my primary physician here. He was an active member of our running and triathlon community and always cheered me on! I will never forget the big hug and support he gave me after the 1/2 Ironman last year and before the Mr. Sanchos triathlon this year! My heart, condolences, support , prayers and love go out to all of his friends and family, especially to his wife and his mother! This is a terrible tragedy and I can only have peace knowing that God has a plan and will take care of those left behind.

It has been confirmed that they are still searching for him! The 2 bodies recovered were the nurse and one of the pilots. Please pray for a miracle that he is still found - alive! Please pray for strength and peace for his family and friends. This is a huge loss for the island and tears are flowing everywhere here today at this tragedy.

Last edited:
I'll say a prayer for him.

Thoughts, Prayers, and good vibes go out to him and his loved ones.

Sending thoughts and prayers. Sad that people whose lives reflect so much good they have done for others, are gone so quickly.

I read a news story about this today, but at the time did not know we had a connection to it. Very sorry to hear.

We are diminished.

Prayers for all who knew him and his circle of family and friends.

Prayers to family and friends of Dr. Chey, and a prayer and hug for you Christi. Stay strong during this difficult time.

Divegoose

Oh man, I had heard about the accident as well, didn't know anything granular like this. Sending many prayers for the good Doctor, his family, and you too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom