Cozumel..Need Suggestions Please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!! Looking to dive Cozumel! Looking for a hotel that is walking distance to town, but also has a Dive shop on-site at the hotel for convenience! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!! :)))

Aqua Safari dive shop has the Safari Inn over top. On the main street facing the ocean. Dive boats steps away and restaurants, bars just a short walk away. Check out their stay and dive rates. Good staff and dive masters - you won't be disappointed. Check out their Facebook page for photos of the shop, boats and staff. You could also book a stay and dive package at other nearby hotels and still dive with Aqua Safari. Look at the Aqua Safari website for more info.

You can also pick multiple hotels downtown and use a dive op who picks up at the Aldora pier. Aldora and Blue XTSea are two.

Hotel Cozumel may have a dive op or use someone who picks up there.

Same with Cozumel Palace.

Barracuda hotel

Here is a hotel map to help you see where hotels are located.

http://www.cancunmap.com/cozumel-hotels.html

Last edited:
Liquid Blue will pick you up drop you off at ferry or airport on arrival and departure. They will pick you up and drop you off at hotels downtown on the days you dive.

[video]http://www.liquidbluedivers.com/[/video]

Welcome to SB! Your question will give you a long list of cheerleading suggestions...

It's a shame that the island businesses can't cooperate well enough to produce a site showing where all of the hotels, dive ops, and permanent restaurants are. Every site I know of, including Google maps, shows the businesses that pay to be listed.

Now, how far is walking distance for you? Blue Angel is a delightful property with a fine dive op, but 2.8 Km/1.74 miles to the ferry dock is well beyond my walking range.

Honestly, it'd probably be better to shop hotels by location, price, and other desired factors - then see what dive shop association they list. I don't bother with dive ops at hotels, but it can certainly be convenient.

Las Anclas hotel and Tres Pelicanos. Great dive op that is physically connected to the hotel.

yes, and Las Anclas is IN town! just a couple blocks from the Plaza. Although I think you will have to be "shuttled" to the Caleta to dive, but I'm pretty sure the hotel provides transportation.

Another vote for Blue Angel of course;

Hotel Coz, Scuba Club, possibly the Cozumel Princess if you want to spend a little more, (isn't that what Plaza las Glorias is called now? or is it the Palace? never can remember.), Barracuda (also in town)

As far as I'm concerned, Hotel Villablanca, Casa del Mar, Tiki Village & El Cid La Ceiba are all within walking distance, but I don't mind the walk. I think it's about 2 full miles from El Cid to town, but we used to do it all the time when we stayed there.

It's a shame that the island businesses can't cooperate well enough to produce a site showing where all of the hotels, dive ops, and permanent restaurants are. Every site I know of, including Google maps, shows the businesses that pay to be listed.
Don, all of these things change so quickly, it would be very hard to keep a site like that current. Also, shops here working together is not a strong suit for most of them in my humble opinion. If it was, standards, safety, and pricing would all go up :) My $0.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom