Coz: camcorder housing rental/digital camera rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrSteve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi!

With everything almost set up for Coz now just remembered something else. Does anyone know of anywhere in Coz I can rent a camcorder housing (I have a Sony TVR830 - it's a digital 8) and/or digital u/w camera or housing? I have a film camera but I think it might be nice to have some digital options as well.

Thanks!

Steve,

Island Photo Video Center. Holy and Armando have a shop next to the El Cid Hotel just south of town. Last May I rented a S&S DX3000 from them and I was great. I did not get the strobe and I would suggest you do. Definately a mistake relying on internal flash. Holly will download pictures to disc and off you go. Great people. Oh, Armando also shoots video.

I also have a guy who has taken video of us the last several trips. Outstanding work this guys does. I will give you his email address. I think I paid him $125 for a 30 minute video with music from a 2 tank dive morning. He's a great guy and will shoot video for us this May once again.

5615mike:
Steve,

Island Photo Video Center. Holy and Armando have a shop next to the El Cid Hotel just south of town. Last May I rented a S&S DX3000 from them and I was great. I did not get the strobe and I would suggest you do. Definately a mistake relying on internal flash. Holly will download pictures to disc and off you go.

I believe he was looking for a UW housing for his video camera. Maybe IPVC has them, too, but your info looks to be for a still cam.

Well a bit of both. Primarily I would like to hire a housing for the camcorder. Secondary to that I either need to find a housing for my wife's digi (already posted in photog about that) or hire her an u/w cam. So covered on one count so far!

Thanks!
ggunn:
I believe he was looking for a UW housing for his video camera. Maybe IPVC has them, too, but your info looks to be for a still cam.

could have sworn I read that right. Thought my lasik was failing me. No worries.

DrSteve:
Well a bit of both. Primarily I would like to hire a housing for the camcorder. Secondary to that I either need to find a housing for my wife's digi (already posted in photog about that) or hire her an u/w cam. So covered on one count so far!

Thanks!

Steve

They also rent cameras with housings - video that is. If you can't find a housing to rent then you could rent the entire rig. Have you contacted them yet?

5615mike:
Steve

They also rent cameras with housings - video that is. If you can't find a housing to rent then you could rent the entire rig. Have you contacted them yet?

That's what I would recommend. If you rent a housing for your own camera, you trust that the last person who rented it didn't damage a seal or something. If you rent the whole rig, then the shop seals it up and it's their camera at risk.

Thanks guys - I'll shoot them an email now :)

Back
Top Bottom