November Crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kerry, isn't it too early to book flights based on when to get the best price? Otherwise I totally get it. No sooner am I home than the planning begins.

Kerry, isn't it too early to book flights based on when to get the best price?

Not really. I have tracked prices over the past couple years. Prices have been on the normal pace the last couple months. If prices drop drastically I'll take my chances. :)

Being Thanksgiving week in the US and just a couple days before the Ironman, are the flights and hotels usually booked up early? Are the rates higher than normal?

Being Thanksgiving week in the US and just a couple days before the Ironman, are the flights and hotels usually booked up early? Are the rates higher than normal?

In order to avoid the hiked pricing for Holiday travel I extended my stay; this allows me to take advantage of an extra two days that I get off without losing vacation time and not get hit with the increased flight price.

As for the hotel, I am staying at the Cozumel Palace and went through a member, allowing me member rates.

Overall I'm really happy with the final pricing.

I have our condo reserved for the end of October thru the beginning of Nov, but not the airfare. The prices are sky high from Chicago right now at that time, they are more than 100 more per person than I paid for my Feb/ March trip. I will wait it out a bit.

Using Matrix.itasoftware.com. I just got a fare from LAX to CZM for $340 rt October/November

That is a great price. Chicago to CZM is running close to 600 for that time frame. Even Cancun is up there as well.

Woo Hoo! Booked airfare tonight! We'll be there 11/19 - 11/27 .... we'd been watching prices and Delta just dropped the fare $60 pp (down to $449), so we jumped. Haven't seen a fare that low in ages!! We've also found that flying either in or out on Thanksgiving Day is usually cheaper.

:D We are officially booked for November 23rd to 29th with Hotel Bahia and Aldora. For the record, United's fares out of Houston are stupid high. We ended up booking the hotel and flight together for $500 less than just United's $960 r/t price. Unfortunately, we will have an extra stop each way but for $500 plus Hotel Bahia w/breakfast included ($400) I will deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom