Slidin' into September :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well fin i think i will . I just got an awesome fare n american. $455 out of okc- paid $650 in april

OKC diver- Aug. 30-sept 14- Hotel Cozumel and ?- Diving with dive paradise.

Fin- drinks are on me .

yaml,wife ,2 friends from phoenix, 1 friend from iowa: diving with Jeremy and Living Underwater: 9/14-9/21: hotel as yet is undecided

September 26 - October 4th... Cozumel Palace with non-diving wife, trying to get several Bonaire divers to join us. Will Dive with Martin.

Fin- drinks are on me .[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a plan. Great deal on the airfare....we haven't had it that cheap from LIT in awhile.

---------- Post added June 14th, 2014 at 07:10 AM ----------

Fin59 & Dive-Ho 8/30-9/6 Hotel Cozumel and Dive With Martin

diverokc 8/30-9/14 Hotel Cozumel and ?- Diving with Dive Paradise

yaml + 4 9/14-9/21 Hotel ? and Living Underwater

mstevens 9/26-10/4 Casa Suzana and Sandro/Deep Blue

willmann_nc + 1, maybe more 9/26-10/4 Cozumel Palace and DWM

Small list so far, but it's growing. I think Sept is the only month we've never been in. Have never found a bad time to go though :D

My wife and I will be there Oct 7 - Oct 16th, 2014. We are staying at the Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel south of town. Haven't decided on a Dive Op yet. Leaning towards Papa Hogs, seeing as it is next door to Villablanca but we are considering DWM also. Any comments on which one is the better choice? We plan to dive 4 days while we are there but would like to break it up with a "down" day in between each dive day. I contacted Christie at Blue XT but they won't do the package discount price when you break it up like we want to do. Only the daily rate.

This is our first trip to Cozumel and we are really looking forward to it.

Maybe it's time to start an October thread?

Personally I pick a dive operator based on all sorts of things other than price. I know people have budgets, but my sense is that there isn't a truly overpriced shop on the island - competition is stiff, so top shops have to compete more on service than on price. Choose based on whether you like big boats or small, the time their morning trips start, etc. rather than primarily on fees.

DiveEngineer,

I choose DWM b/c they pick up early and get back early. We stay in town at Cozumel Palace and DWM gets me back to the resort between 11:30 and noon. MY wife isn't a diver, getting back early is a priority for me. Check the dive ops websites and sent emails, a lot of good choices to choose from.

Terry

Maybe it's time to start an October thread?
Personally I pick a dive operator based on all sorts of things other than price. I know people have budgets, but my sense is that there isn't a truly overpriced shop on the island - competition is stiff, so top shops have to compete more on service than on price. Choose based on whether you like big boats or small, the time their morning trips start, etc. rather than primarily on fees.

@mstevens: Not a problem. I am more concerned about getting non-consecutive diving days (schedule) then I am about price. Although price is still a consideration. Also, lack of "complexity" in the whole scenario is also a consideration (I'll be on vacation, after all!) :)

I choose DWM b/c they pick up early and get back early. We stay in town at Cozumel Palace and DWM gets me back to the resort between 11:30 and noon. MY wife isn't a diver, getting back early is a priority for me. Check the dive ops websites and sent emails, a lot of good choices to choose from.
Terry.

@Terry: Thanks for that input regarding the early departures. I have been emailing the Dive OPs, as time permits. Heard back from Paddi at DWM this morning. They are more than willing to accommodate our non-consecutive day diving schedule.

Rod

Back
Top Bottom