Whale Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Icculus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife and I are coming to Coz in about 3 weeks and plan on diving with Martin. We are hoping to go to Isla Mujeras for a day to snorkel with the whale sharks.

Lots of companies offering trips. Hoping for information in terms of price, quality, reputation, do any leave from Cozumel, etc

thanks

We are going on boats of the Keen M International out of Punta Sam on the north side of Cancun. Friend have used them and been quite happy. Bigger boats and all. We are going on 7/20. Taking the 6 am ferry and then have a van guy.

We are going on boats of the Keen M

Interesting. The Keen M is a major player, really well known sport fishing boat from the US that comes down to Isla for the sailfish fishing season every winter and I mean they just kill it, and are really just top notch in the sailfish fishing world. Interesting that they are doing other things now like whale sharking in the summer. That's a great choice and a great boat, it should be first class all the way.

Icculus-My DH and I are going on July 10 , meeting up with Scorpio Duvets in Playa del Carmen. Taking the first ferry out and meet their van there for transport (via a second ferry/boat ride) to Isla Mujeres. It will be a Loooong one day trip, however , we have the next day off to recover.

BTW Icculus-if you wish , please do join in On the July ScubaBoard List. !!!

Interesting. The Keen M is a major player, really well known sport fishing boat from the US that comes down to Isla for the sailfish fishing season every winter and I mean they just kill it, and are really just top notch in the sailfish fishing world. Interesting that they are doing other things now like whale sharking in the summer. That's a great choice and a great boat, it should be first class all the way.

Thanks for the input. We chartered 2 of their three boats. Had friends take them a year or two ago and like everything. I like they are NOT panga-like and they have lots of shade. We aren't getting the Keen M itself, but our two seem very nice. I was kind of shocked to see they do sailfish encounters too apparently. Find a bait ball and throw you in to see the sailfish. That is interesting. We were going to over night in Isla, but bagged that for a day trip.

Such an amazing excursion. Did this last summer. Here are the pics. We've done it twice now and Dive Paradise arranged almost everything. Fairly straight forward but long day. Here are their current details on how they run this from Coz. Have a blast and hope to see a TR.

Nice pics Marcus, you just can't beat that blue water that you get to swim with them now! -- holy cow you guys were on a small boat

We are starting to see more and more whale sharks on every weekly trip now. today was no exception. great time.

wsjune2627sb.jpg

Great pics, but the visibility really surprises me. I did the Whale Shark excursion in July, 2011, and the water was so filled with small critters that visibility was only about 20-25 feet - better than lake diving in Texas, but a lot cloudier than Cozumel. It was hard to see a whole Whale Shark at one time, and hard to see them clearly underwater until they were within 10 feet or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom