Narrowing it down...Isla Mujeres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recommended dive resort or hotel/dive shop recommendation? I've been there 20 years ago and loved the north beach. That will fit our trip specs for my wife when she's tired of diving. I think IM can check all the boxes for a nice peaceful Roatanny like experience. I've seen the Ixchel Hotel reviews on TripAdvisor. Everyone is bitching about wifi, WTF!!!! It's on the north side and that beach is just beautiful. If the map is right, then Mexico Divers is nearby, within a short walk. Can you rent a golf cart for the week? Who through? Recommendations please. I will scour the site for recent trip reports but I the meantime...

Rad. Thanks. Do they ever boat over to Cozumel from Isla Mujeres? Is it possible or is it a barf wagon?

I just jumped on your old thread to suggest you don't give up on Coz. To dive Coz from Isla, you would likely ferry to Cancun, van south for like 50 minutes to Playa then ferry over to Coz.

If you are not out and about that much - a taxi will be cheaper than a golf cart.

Taxi's there are cheap!

Isla Mujeres is beautiful, but depending on when you are coming down - the Whale Sharks aren't around. The season ends on Sept. 15 and you cannot dive with them, only snorkel.

The diving in Isla Mujeres does not compare in any way to Cozumel - so if diving Cozumel is a draw for you - then I would consider splitting up your trip.

As I explained as have many others - you won't be able to get all that is on your list in one place. Split the trip between the two places and you absolutely can.

It's about a nice beach for my wife, we want to dive the cenotes as well and we want a tiny island to poke around on. I can dive all the sites good our bad and check it off my list. We bought our tickets and will be there the end of August to early September. Perhaps we will luck out. The winter was so long up north that I feel the whale sharks well be delayed as well and linger longer. If I can get to Cozumel for one day I will do so just to get a taste. I couldn't get a flight in and out of Houston on a Sunday. That shut this down since there is only one week we can have grandma baby sit our son. Just worked out that way. I can do Cozumel next time Christi. I was crushed I couldn't make it work and would have gladly used your company but we will make the best of our situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom