Cozumel Culinary Scavenger Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Graduado

Contributor
Reaction score
After reading the various posts about fairly well known restaurants in Cozumel, I decided to try out 35 different eateries on Cozumel, all far off the beaten path. Delving deep into the colonias, I will sample the most unusual and way-out meals I can find and then report on them.I will also try to find the places that make the “best” of different kinds of traditional Yucatecan meals: Queso relleno, relleno negro, papadzules, etc. For more info on this epic, epicurean endeavor, check it out in the FOOD section of Kickstarter.com where I posted my plan of action. The project’s title image on Kickstarter is a black buzzard on a Pepto-Bismol Pink background. You can find it at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/277611900/join-me-in-an-epic-epicurean-scavenger-hunt-on-isl?ref=email

I am NOT asking you to contribute! All I’m asking is to please take a look at my Kickstarter project and post something about it on your Facebook page or some other forum if it strikes your fancy.

Thanks!

Yeah, you didn't ask us to contribute. However, I'm now a $10 backer because I want that map and those recipes.

Thanks for your show of support, Mark, but I CAN'T BELIEVE you are opting for the map and not the copy of my stool sample's lab results!

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2014 at 08:46 AM ----------

I am in too. Besides I think I still owe Ric a beer.

Thanks Chief! Maybe we can have that beer at one of the places that serve the marinated eye-stalks.

Thanks Chief! Maybe we can have that beer at one of the places that serve the marinated eye-stalks.

Perhaps! I have managed to put a toe in for cheeks and tongue. I keep wanting to move to eyes and brain, but just haven't quite made it. Eye-stalks would be just jumping in!!

Very interesting idea! Someone should see if they can crowd fund money to let them try like the top 25 dive ops on tripadvisor: then they can write a side by side comparison of each op; since so many reviews come from people who have only used 1 or 2 ops.

I'd volunteer, but I don't have enough vacation time to take on all that diving :)

I'll go in, but I have a question. I'll be in Cozumel from December 3-10. Will you still be on your quest, and if so, can I join you for a night (or afternoon)? FYI, I'm a very adventurous eater - I've eaten and enjoyed pig testicles (Rocky Mountain Oysters), Cow testicles (Swingin' Sirloin - pounded flat, breaded and fried, they are delicious), raw Sea Urchin (scooped out right on the boat), roasted grasshoppers, chocolate covered ants, frog legs, snapping turtle, and rattle snake. I grew up on Smoked Cow Tongue, and I've made my own (delicious sliced thin and served on Rye with Mustard), so tacos lengua don't even strike me as that odd, and I've had fish cheeks a few times. I'm willing to try pretty much anything (anything that won't kill me, at least - I'd be pretty leery of trying fugu, even at a great Tokyo sushi bar).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom