Playa Del Carmen vs Puerto Morelas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles below

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hola,
We are staying at the Mayan Palace Riviera Maya the first week of March. The Mayan is centrally located between the 2area. I was wondering who has the better reef and visibility. For, PDC I'm considering Reef Quest Divers and for Puerto Morelas either Dive in or Wet Set.
Also, the 2nd week of March we will be in Cozumel but staying at the Melia Cozumel. Im considering Dive House since they have a house reef and to dive it is complimentary on dive days. Have anyone experience being a visitor from another hotel doing this? Are we able to sit in a shaded chair when we are doing a shore dive between surface interval? This is the first time diving in Cozumel and PDC. I have 80 dives and my buddy has 40 dives so i hope it's not too challenging for us. I just heard it awesome drift diving.

If you want drift diving in Puerto Morelos you will need to choose your dive operator for that. Most PM diving is slow reef diving. To drift you will be going deep, to the edge of rec limits. What a ride though!

This is the first time diving in Cozumel and PDC. I have 80 dives and my buddy has 40 dives so i hope it's not too challenging for us.

I really can't help you with the specifics addressed in your post, but we went to Cozumel with like 6 dives, all in a shallow mudhole. Cozumel was fabulous.

Both have great dive sites. In PM there's the Juanita shipwreck, complete with resident eagle rays. Also the "Aquarium" is a gorgeous dive. In Playa, Punta Venado is the premiere dive IMHO. Other notables are The Mama Vina shipwreck, Tortugas, and Moche Deep. Check out my vimeo page for vids of PM dive sites I listed.

Sideways, I viewed your vimeo Thank you for your suggestions! With your suggestions we are doing 2days in PM and 2days PDC. By the way, I also went to Bali and dove Manta Point, Mangrove, Nusa Penida, and Pandang Bay. I almost got run over by the tourist submarine in Pandang Bay. After seeing the submarime and hearing the atomic cobalt alarm and seeing the atomic pink fins, I thought you might be there the same time as I was. But then I viewed the Tulamben vimeo and your buddy has the same fins like mine! I dove w Bali Bubbles taking my advanced course when I was in Candidasa 11/28 thru 12/6 and dove w Bali Diving 12/14 thru 12/21 when I was in Sanur for my fun dive which I almost got run down by the submarine and encounter a very strong down current in Mangrove. My guide saw it coming and alerted us to seek shelter and grab hold of a rock. One of my specialty course was currents/waves w Bali Bubbles,so glad I took that class! Sorry, I went off track. Thank you again for the info!

My wife and I dived in Puerto Morelos in 2010 with Dive in Puerto Morelos. The wreck of the C56, Juan Escutia was excellent with a resident squadron of Eagle Rays. The reef dives were adequate, not necessarily excellent. We did not do deeper drift dives, that would have been a treat, we were not smart enough to ask. The town is a reasonably quaint fishing village, we enjoyed our time there. There were many reasonable restaurants and shops. Of course it's 5 years later. I hear the fisherman in Puerto Morelos contribute to the decimation of the Bull Shark aggreagtion each year, that would make me sad.

My wife and I dived in Puerto Morelos in 2010 with Dive in Puerto Morelos. The wreck of the C56, Juan Escutia was excellent with a resident squadron of Eagle Rays. The reef dives were adequate, not necessarily excellent. We did not do deeper drift dives, that would have been a treat, we were not smart enough to ask. The town is a reasonably quaint fishing village, we enjoyed our time there. There were many reasonable restaurants and shops. Of course it's 5 years later. I hear the fisherman in Puerto Morelos contribute to the decimation of the Bull Shark aggreagtion each year, that would make me sad.

One day diving in Puerto Morelos with my fisherman friends they asked me, would I like to see sharks today? When I said sure, OK, they said "We don't want to see sharks!"

Hi check out those link to see all the dives sites where we can take you

private guide for playa del carmen puerto morelos, cozumel, tulum, riviera maya

you have to try cenote diving the cavern day light, halocline, perfect visibility,no wave, no current, stalagmite...etc

albums picture

https://www.facebook.com/EnjoyRivieraMaya/photos_stream?tab=photos_albums

bolg with all the links

tours guidés sur mesure riviera maya playa del carmen | Rivieramayaplayadelcarmen

thank you

frank bizier scubafrancois@gmail.com + 52 1 984 807 0936

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom