COZUMEL FAVORITE RESTAURANT DISHES and DRINKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JenLoves2Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hola all
I have been trying to find a particular thread here on the Cozumel forum on your favorite dishes from various Cozumel restaurants and eating establishments.
I am only coming up with threads naming Cozumel's favorite restaurants. An occasional dish is mentioned here and there but I can't find the complete thread.

I would also like to hear some of your favorite eating experiences naming a particular type of dish or ingredient.
It does not have to be made in a restaurant. For example, there are a couple of sisters here who make great tamales or maybe it is a great barbacoa you like at a little taco stand.

Also, I would love to hear what are your favorite beverages, for example the Mojitos at Casa Mojito, or the Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas at Wet Wendy's.

And of course, your favorite desserts!
For example MStevens mentions the Avocado pie at La Choza. My new personal favorites are the desserts at ChaCha's Kitchen. She makes amaaaaaazing desserts and her cupcakes are off-the-charts, legendary!

So, I would love to hear what you like here, por favor!
Appetizers, Entrées, Desserts and Drinks.

Gracias!!

Cupcakes at ChaChas

10494589_627089170731537_8222229078840555529_n.jpg

Num num num
Check out her food photos on her facebook page.
Drool warning: Wear a bib. I am serious.

https://www.facebook.com/chachaskitchen

10005904_552518918188563_1173033067_o.jpg

Oh and Vanilla Cheesecake with a hint of Cardamom, Dark Chocolate Ganache & Pink Rock Sugar!

Attachments

• 10440884_613712552069199_8943543175347157161_n.jpg
    10440884_613712552069199_8943543175347157161_n.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 757
Checkout El Graduado's thread at http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/488752-cozumel-culinary-scavenger-hunt.html Hopefully he can get achieve full funding so that he may document the definitive work on true culinary excellence in Cozumel. So far the e-mail teasers have my mouth watering. I have convinced my wife to accompany me next month for Independence week and I want to take her out to dine in style.

La Choza - Tropical fish (in mustard sauce)
La Perlita - Coconut lionfish
Pancho's Backyard - Cream of cilantro soup and tequila shrimp spaghetti
'Ohana - Coconut shrimp and Matt's Chicago pizza
Punta Morena (wild side) - whole fried snapper

Gone but not forgotten:
El Capi Navegante - Shrimp Capi and pulpo in su tinta
Sonora Grill - Octopus Sonora
La Morena - Squid Popeye
Santiago Grill - Dorado (mahi) pinwheel steak with embedded shrimp
Especias (still there but very different now) - Indian shrimp

La Choza is my favorite restaurant there so far. I don't even remember what was my favorite, we did a lot of sharing and it was all great!

Jen, you're probably thinking of this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/420085-best-meal-restaurant-cozumel.html

---------- Post added August 25th, 2014 at 10:18 PM ----------

Currently, I'm going to say (in alphabetical order by restaurant and trying to avoid duplications from the original thread):

Asadero El Billy: poc-chuc
Camacho's Super Tortas: panuchos de pollo
Cha-Cha's Kitchen: lunch. Seriously.
Corazón Contento: energético (breakfast)
Del Sur Parilla Argentina: I think my fave has switched to carne suave from del sur
El Camarón Dorado: tacos de camarón empanizado
El Coctelito: camarones momia
El Paste Empanadas Horneados: paste de fresa con queso crema
El Pique: gringas con piña
Frenchies: papas A+P
Kinta: mexikanissimo appetizer. No, wait... la olla negra. Oh, one of those.
La Cocay: duck pizza
La Cozumeleña: huevos jarochos (breakfast)
La Choza: puerco entomatada (comida económica)
Los Sera's: pizza al pastor con piña y cebollas
Restaurant Tamarindo's: tacos de lechón (Saturdays)

For some of these places it's REALLY hard to come up with one favorite!

These are really cool. Tequila spaghetti? Duck Pizza? Interesting!

There is a dish that a lot of my Mexican friends make, that their moms used to make it growing up, Espagueti Verde
(Green Spaghetti). I make mine with roasted poblano chilies, a few roasted serrano chilies for heat, roasted garlic, and then blend it with cilantro, philadelphia cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, pepper and a hint of sour cream (or the Mexican version Lala cema light). You can add a little olive oil to blend. Some versions call for Manchego cheese instead. I like a little heat in mine, hence the roasted serrano chilis but the roasted poblanos make the dish. You can also try roasted jalapeños. It's yummy with garlic bread! Bon provecho.

spaghettti verde.jpg

Keep em coming folks! Thanks!!

soooo many to choose from!

...but here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Authentic Chicago deep dish pizza at 'Ohana (and pretty much everything else on the menu)

2. Chicken raviolis at La Terazza (may only be a special, but some of the best Ravi's I've ever had)

3. Potato skins at Rock'n Java (again, another menu you can just throw a dart at and you'll land on something good)

4. ANYTHING AT BUCCANO'S AT NIGHT

5. Mole at Pancho's Backyard

6 Mango margaritas at Casa Denis ...

No mention yet of the lobster & bacon sandwich at Le Chef? I would try that again.

As for basic ingredients, I'm always happy when I eat a perfectly ripe mango on a surface interval.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom