Cozumel House Rental,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ_Zoner

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I did a quick search and didn't find anything so..
We are looking for a house to rent next February. We need at least two bedrooms and would like it on the beach.

Anyone have any experience with renting a house on the island?

Thanks for any info,

Craig

I have had great experiences with enjoycozumel.com -- they have short and long term rentals. I prefer staying in town but they do have options to the north or south with beaches.

Hi Craig.

There's a FB group called Cozumel4You and they have frequent "for rent" postings. Try there.

Eileen

Why use google when you can get your info straight from the locals that live there.
They can chime in and give you the names of several places to rent, or the names of some good Cozumel property managers?
Get on Facebook and ask to join the Facebook group: Cozumel4You.
This is their web site, but you want to join their Facebook group/ Will be cool to see you there and it's full of people willing to help and many of us live here in Cozumel or they come very frequently. Ask away!

Cozumel 4 You - | Cozumel 4 You

IMHO, as someone who has owned a home here for 7 years and lives here full time, a lot of the properties i see on line, it is hard to ascertain just how far away you might be located from town and also the shape of the rental property. Some are extremely dated and others are real gems that don't come across well when photographed.

I had great luck with a couple, Laurie and Jim Anderson back when I was still renting houses and they have been doing this for years. You can find them on Facebook on the Cozumel4You group.

Also, talk to Amber and Rodrigo with Your Cozumel. Both couples have personally helped me and friends find rental properties and have also.

Your Cozumel Vacation Rentals | Your Cozumel Vacation Homes

Another good contact is Kelly Mattheis, Cozumel Rocks.

All of them I would send my friends and family too and I know all of them personally and they have superior communications skills and are great doing business with.
I HIGHLY recommend them all!!
:d

We quickly gave up on a beach ideal = too far from town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow who would of thought that!! Yes I tried Google first and got VRBO and a few other sites but ended up getting mostly condos. That I why I searched here next with out much luck. So now I've ask here on a thread to see if anyone here might have some personal information of a house in Cozumel.

Craig

Google is your friend:

"Homes for rent Cozumel"

That being said, in addition to Allen's tip; VRBO

---------- Post added August 26th, 2014 at 06:42 PM ----------

Thanks guys for the suggestion of Cozumel4You, I'll give it a shot and see what is available.

Craig

---------- Post added August 27th, 2014 at 12:40 PM ----------

I noticed a few of you like the in town places. Why, what is the attraction?

This will be somewhere around our 18th trip to Cozumel. But we stopped going to Cozumel in the late 80's and really haven't been back except for one time in 2001. I think we started going there in the 1978ish time. In 01 we were just amazed with how much it has changed since it was a sleepy little fishing town. Maybe one cruise ship a week. Yes, we're old.

But we are really excited about finally making it back. I have a found a few places we are considering.

Thanks for all the help and web sites to check out.

Craig

I like being in town so I can walk everywhere and sample all of the great restaurants easily. I'm not much for beach clubs and such, when we lived in Cozumel we rented a house not far from the cemetery and loved it.

Back
Top Bottom