In search of "All Inclusive Resort" In Cozumel for March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRedDiver1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all,

Me and the gf are looking to stage a quick escape from Ohio's winter this march, we are looking primarily at Cozumel as I am of course wanting to Dive and she wants to be a beach bum. Spent a long time on Tripadvisor and just figured I'd see if anyone here could help. We are looking for an "All Inclusive Resort" one that has a good dive op for me and a good spa/beach for her. Reason we are going the all inclusive route is that we are on a budget but still want to get the heck out of Ohio in March!

Through our research thus far we are kind of looking at Park Royal (which has no info on there dive op), and Playa Azul:confused::confused:. No one I know has done Coz for awhile but I wanted to see what all my friends here had to say. Thanks for any info/insight you can provide!!

Much Appreciated!

There's been a lot written here about Park Royal, you can easily search for what others have said in the past.

But you may want to strongly consider using an outside dive op as these are usually preferable to the onsite dive ops for various reasons and many outside dive ops will pick up at the dock of many or most of the AI resorts. IMO, using an outside dive op that will store your gear for you is more efficient than using the onsite dive ops gear storage facilities and you can then concentrate on finding an AI that has all the features you desire rather than potentially compromising in order to find one with a decent onsite dive op as well.

Playa Azul is a really nice, privately owned hotel. It is the first place we stayed at in Cozumel. However, since it is "up north" you will have a VERY limited selection of dive ops that pick up there...unless you plan to rent a car or take a taxi to other pick-up points. And those that DO pick up there will PROBABLY not offer to take you to the most southerly dive sites. If that matters, you should probably do further inquiry into those ops.

Hello all,

Me and the gf are looking to stage a quick escape from Ohio's winter this march, we are looking primarily at Cozumel as I am of course wanting to Dive and she wants to be a beach bum. Spent a long time on Tripadvisor and just figured I'd see if anyone here could help. We are looking for an "All Inclusive Resort" one that has a good dive op for me and a good spa/beach for her. Reason we are going the all inclusive route is that we are on a budget but still want to get the heck out of Ohio in March!

Through our research thus far we are kind of looking at Park Royal (which has no info on there dive op), and Playa Azul:confused::confused:. No one I know has done Coz for awhile but I wanted to see what all my friends here had to say. Thanks for any info/insight you can provide!!

Much Appreciated!

I'm leaning towards Playa Azul because we will not be renting a car therefore it may be easier to just go with azul. The only resort diving experience I had was in Cayman where I went with the in house op and it turned out to be a great experience. Also I don't like to be separated from my gear ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like you may have been typing when Marg posted so be sure you understand what she said. Re Park Royal avoid the in house op but there are other good choices nearby in both directions. The thing about Cozumel is just how many good ops there are & how differently they treat divers of all levels of experience.

Am I correct in that Blue Magic is the in house Op for Park Royal?

NO. It's Aquaworld. You'll have a hard time finding good (& believable) reviews on them.

If you aren't renting a car and want AI, I'd look south, not north. For a cozumel trip, quick access to the marine park is really important.

Does that mean that the the northern ops won't go to the park? Or do you mean that it will make for longer trips? As long as I'm back by 1 or 2 I think it'll be okay.....don't want the girlfriend all alone on the beach with margaritas all day!

This depends entirely on who you dive with. They might go to the park but perhaps only the most northerly end of it due to the gas costs of taking you from the north part of the island. Going to the further south parts of the park will most definitely be a longer trip. You need to be communicating with your potential dive op choices to determine the limitations that will be imposed.

Does that mean that the the northern ops won't go to the park? Or do you mean that it will make for longer trips? As long as I'm back by 1 or 2 I think it'll be okay.....don't want the girlfriend all alone on the beach with margaritas all day! Diving north can be fun insofar as seeing manta ray squadroons but in March they are pretty much done...usually.

Back
Top Bottom