Grand Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seabee003

New
Reaction score
I understand that ProDive has replaced Dive Palancar at the Grand Cozumel. Does ProDive have a presence at Grand Cozumel (ie shop, lockers, pool training etc) or do they simply pick up guest on boats leaving from Allegro.

Best to ask this question in the Cozumel forum in the regional forums.

They do operate the shop at the Grand. They are convenient but a bit disappointing.

Wasn't ProDive the shop that recently had a boat sink while backing in heavy seas?

Did they upgrade the locker area that Dive Palancar used?

Totally redone system. You get a plastic basket per diver for your gear which they secure inside each evening and set out each morning. Worked very well.

They have a presence, but you would be best to avoid it if at all possible. I paid in advance for a week of diving with them and seriously regretted it by day 2.

Totally redone system. You get a plastic basket per diver for your gear which they secure inside each evening and set out each morning. Worked very well.

awap -- Thnx for info. Are there any provisions for hanging wetsuites to dry overnight. The old system was rudimentary!!

or do they simply pick up guest on boats leaving from Allegro.

They certainly aren't doing that since the Allegro burned down and all. They are loading and unloading stuff at Allegro though. We stopped at the pier the other day to SI. One of their slow boats came in to load tanks.

awap -- Thnx for info. Are there any provisions for hanging wetsuites to dry overnight. The old system was rudimentary!!

I don't wear a wetsuit so I forgot to mention. They have a bar and hangers for wetsuits in addition to the baskets which they also take in at night and put out in the morning. Their gear management is really quite good. My disappointment was mostly in their crowded boats and no customer input to dive sites. Their DMs are all trainees with limited knowledge and experience with the Cozumel reefs but do a fairly good job. Their dive time do tend to run longer than what Dive Paradise did.

If you plan to dive with them, make sure you have reservations before you arrive. When I was there in June, they were turning customers away because their boats were full.

Back
Top Bottom