Water temps in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexas:
What have the water temps been recently and what will they be like during this month?

HIgh 70's.

I was there last week for Carnaval and water temps were 78-79 on every dive. If I had a crystal ball I could answer the 2nd part of your question, but I'd say you can count on high 70's and hope for warmer. :)

I checked my log for last year this time and the temps were between 78-80.

I was there last week, my Hyper Aqualand watch recorded 80-82 ... perfect for my 3mm shorty.

I was there last week also, I consistently noted 81 degrees. The boat rides, however, were much colder! Bring something warm to wear on the boat!

sapphire:
Bring something warm to wear on the boat!

Including a cap. Not wearing one to fight a chill is as faulty as not wearing a jacket. Wind sucks heat right out of a wet head.

One of my computers seems to have a pretty good thermometer (I can guess closer than the other one), and while I got high 70s most days last January, there was one day of weird currents that the water dropped to low 70s, and the wind was cooler, too. Take more thermal protection than you think you'll need, always.

don

Just got out of the water. The temprature is 78 F. Lots of wind and waves again today, makes for a rough ride. But a great dive.

It{s hell living here :54:

Pez de Diablo:
It{s hell living here :54:

Right. Note to self: "While in Cozumel, track this guy down and poke him with a sharp stick." :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom