Palancar reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divernoob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just got back from a quick 2 day dive trip on Cozumel and I can't remember the name of one of our dive sites. It was part of the Palancar system. It was called "cocalillo", or something like that. Our DM said it meant "little shell." Anyone know the name of this site? It was BEAUTIFUL!!

Palancar Gardens (Jardines)
Palancar Horseshoe (Herradura)
Palancar Caves (Cuevas)
Palancar Bricks (Ladrillos)

Caracol = shell, but there is not a reef with the name caracol in it - hope this helps jog your memory :)

Palancar Gardens (Jardines)
Palancar Horseshoe (Herradura)
Palancar Caves (Cuevas)
Palancar Bricks (Ladrillos)

Caracol = shell, but there is not a reef with the name caracol in it - hope this helps jog your memory :)

Thank you, Christi! They called it Caracolillo. I'd never heard of it either in my few previous visits to Cozumel.

---------- Post added October 1st, 2014 at 03:50 PM ----------

Another thread here: Caracolillo? Where is this dive site? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

There's a spot where there are lots of conch shells spread over the sand. Might that be where you dived? I have dived there but don't ask me where it is! ;^) I recall that it was rather shallow and closer to shore....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom