Hotel B and Scuba Du

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

litsign

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good day, all

Any opinions/reviews/ photos/ videos on Hotel B and the on site dive shop Scuba Du would be appreciated.
Regards and DSDO.
Steve

What do you want in a dive shop...and hotel?

I stayed at that place when it was the Fontan. I liked it. Since they remodeled the pictures I saw has the decor too foo foo for me.

We stayed at the Fontan just as it was turning into Hotel B.. a few years ago. I love the location + every room has a big ocean view balcony. Easy to sit, relax and enjoy that view. Room was clean and up to date... no foo foo decor at the time, but IMHO if it's functional that's easy to overlook. The pool was a little grungy and the dining area was dead... but I understand that has all changed with the Hotel B. At the time we requested a little frig and were glad to pay extra. I don't know if one is included now. Also, very good snorkeling in front. For diving, I went (almost) next door and dove with Pepe Scuba... a shop I'd gone with in the past when I stayed at the Coral Princess... the shop is located there. Very well run shop and great DM's... love Abdias! I don't know about Scuba Du, but at least you have choices close by.

I dove with ScubaDu 2 weeks ago for 3 days. I thought they were very good, all the dive master and the boat crew were pretty cool and very helpful. They will help you setup and switch tanks if needed and give you a hot towel at the end of the day.

For this dive shop, I would recommend you tip them at the end of each day. I usually tip at the end of my trip since I dont like to carry cash with me. We got new crew each day I was there and I had to chase some of them down to tip them when I was leaving.

One thing I dont like about diving in Cozumel is how early you have to get up to go diving. My days were like this:
6:45AM wake up.
7:00AM Breakfast
7:45AM Be at the dock.
9-10AM Dive.

I was staying at the Presidente and I was told some dive shops further north depart even earlier. :shakehead:
It did not feel like a vacation waking up earlier than when I go to work.

I dove with ScubaDu 2 weeks ago for 3 days. I thought they were very good, all the dive master and the boat crew were pretty cool and very helpful. They will help you setup and switch tanks if needed and give you a hot towel at the end of the day.

For this dive shop, I would recommend you tip them at the end of each day. I usually tip at the end of my trip since I dont like to carry cash with me. We got new crew each day I was there and I had to chase some of them down to tip them when I was leaving.

One thing I dont like about diving in Cozumel is how early you have to get up to go diving. My days were like this:
6:45AM wake up.
7:00AM Breakfast
7:45AM Be at the dock.
9-10AM Dive.

I was staying at the Presidente and I was told some dive shops further north depart even earlier. :shakehead:
It did not feel like a vacation waking up earlier than when I go to work.

I know -- rolling out of bed at that hour on vacation is nuts to me too. There was a discussion about that recently on this thread - see my post-- # 16

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/493918-contact-info-dive-house-2.html

I did a week of diving with Scuba Du a year or so ago with a large LDS group. No complaints. Sort of pricey, but the boat was nice and big. Fruit during surface intervals. I'm sure as always, your enjoyment is probably closely related to who you're diving with and the particular DM and Boat Crew on any given day. Everyone with Scuba Du was really nice. Our group had the whole boat, so they took us where we wanted to go for the most part.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom