Contact info for the Dive House?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrism16

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to be taking a trip to Cozumel next month and I want to book some dives with the Dive House since Ive heard they are a great OP but cant find any contact info on the website. Does anyone have an email or phone number for them? Thanks

Really? DiveHouse seems to have

Right at the top of the page.

And pics of their nice large boats for you and 23 of your closest friends....

---------- Post added October 16th, 2014 at 10:38 AM ----------

And you can sent a note straight from the home page.

Wow I just got on the site and now its there. I was using a google link to get to the site the past few times I tried it and the page looked different with no contact info. Sorry for the trouble

I cant imagine that there boats are packed everyday. I am staying at Sunscape Sabor and I have seen very good reviews for them thats why I was planning to dive with them. Is there anyone else in the area you would suggest?

I cant imagine that there boats are packed everyday. I am staying at Sunscape Sabor and I have seen very good reviews for them thats why I was planning to dive with them. Is there anyone else in the area you would suggest?

We stayed at the Sabor last December and during that time the boats were not filled everyday. It was more like groups of 12-16. The only complaint I heard was they come up as a group when the first person is low on air; so some dives were quite short depending on who was with you. That might vary though and not always happen. I don't know if they take care of all your gear for you (though it did look like people who got on the boat then went and set their own gear up, so I'm thinking no...) and provide you water/snacks on the surface interval or not (it wouldn't be hard to grab that from the Sabor though).

However, just about every op on the island will pick up at the Secret's pier (it's a couple minute walk from Sabor), and when we were there there was no fee being charged. So while there is no reason NOT to dive with the house op, you pretty much have your pick of the island if you want to dive with someone else.

Their 2-tank rate seems comparable with most other ops, but if you need rental equipment, there are valet ops that will cost you less and provide more service.

If you aren't sold on cattle boats, I like a larger boat with one group of 8 or less that dives their tanks or computer and the divers choose where they go daily.

My favorite ops is ScubawithAlison She and Carlos are AWESOME. The Maximus is a large boat in the style of a bertram sport fishing boat and sports enough Yamaha to be the fastest out there, so you don't spend forever commuting to the dive site. I can answer any questions if you want.

Second, I have dove with Eduardo on the Sea Robin. Not a really big boat the Ballena. More like and oversized 6 pack. Eduardo is perhaps one of the nicest DMs around and good too.

OPS I would dive with:

BlueXTSea; Christi runs a good shop and is well recommended. Her boat is freshly refurbed and has new motors and should roll pretty good. (She still won't out run the Max. Don't tell her I said that.)

Aldora: Little more expensive and dives limited by who runs out or time, but they dive steel tanks so the dives are quite long. I have been trying to work out going on their specialty dives way north or the east side. They are the only ones doing that.

LiquidBlue: Relatively under new ownership. I have heard good things.

This is a quick list. There are a number more friendly nice boutique ops that DON'T run cattle boats. Tell us more about you and want you like in diving and 200 people will come here and give you their favorite.

That will show you how many GOOD ops their are to choose from.

Thanks for the input. I just emailed dive house and they only have reservations for mornings on the 3 days I plan on diving so that's not a good sign. And I plan on sleeping in on vacation so I guess I will be looking for another op. I'm not picky...I prefer to setup my own gear, definitely don't want to dive where everyone comes up when first person is out. Steel tanks would be nice. What's the max depth for most of the dives in Cozumel? I will be diving with my son who is a junior but he has about 20 dives already and is very comfortable on any dive.

What's the max depth for most of the dives in Cozumel? I will be diving with my son who is a junior but he has about 20 dives already and is very comfortable on any dive.

Cozumel can get very deep. But you don't have to. I don't go below 75 feet, for example. Generally I would just stay above the group if they were lower, but I don't think the group ever got much deeper than 85 or so; however we generally had a group of beginners. If they were down at 100 or lower it might be harder to track them.

If you have a junior diver, I recommend hiring a private DM. If he needs to stay above 60, or 40 feet, then it will be more difficult to stay with the group.

Thanks for the input. I just emailed dive house and they only have reservations for mornings on the 3 days I plan on diving so that's not a good sign. And I plan on sleeping in on vacation so I guess I will be looking for another op. I'm not picky...I prefer to setup my own gear, definitely don't want to dive where everyone comes up when first person is out. Steel tanks would be nice. What's the max depth for most of the dives in Cozumel? I will be diving with my son who is a junior but he has about 20 dives already and is very comfortable on any dive.

Well lets see:

Afternoon Dives, might limit you some. Many of the boutique OPs run them with enough interests, so you might have to email a few and see what you get back. Aldora was talking about afternoon dives recently. This will be your really limiting factor I think. You might get stuck with a cattle boat to dive afternoon only, but maybe not.

Setting up your own gear might be about anybody. Me, I probably could set mine up if you gave me a minute to figure it out. I give them my gear and it is there every morning, all clean and ready to go. I take my spot on the back when we get to the site and the crew brings me the gear and I get into it and fall in. Easy peasy.

Ask every op about time limits and being limited by the first diver up. Many though do let you dive your tank. We run between 70-80 minutes on ever dive.

Steel tanks will limit you to: Aldora, Living under Water(LP) , Liquid Blue and one more I think? Can't remember.

Max depth is varible. If you go and do the Devils Throat big swim through, you max at 114 or so. Standard is first dive deeper but averaging 60-85 feet I guess. 95 for the Eagle Ray dive.

If your son is up to going that deep, check with the op about that too. Some might be sticklers on max depth or other might take a bit more of a "Mexico" approach and be fine with it if he looks squared away.

Private DM isn't a bad idea. Depends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom