Plague ship headed to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just light off the firestorm:

Apparently Carnival Magic, while delayed, is supposed to stop in Cozumel at 1000 local time. It is carrying the asymptomatic lab supervisor from the Texas ebola hospital. Supposed CDC called them and said, 'ah, how about locking her in her cabin until you get back?' They wanted to fly her home from Belize but apparently Belize said not only "NO!" but "HECK, NO!!!."

It's not carrying the plague. :) or probably even Ebola, actually.

plus I think they are heading back to the US, skipping cozumel.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 09:31 AM ----------

It's docked at Punta Langosta
Really? the Magic?

cruise boards said it skipped the port.

I love the speculation.

According to boots on the ground, it is scheduled now for 10 am. As of 30 minutes ago, it was not docked according to my local spies.

Oh, and I just generally call Carnival Plague Ships, not because of the ebola girl.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:34 AM ----------

Ship scanner was reporting planned, not actual position.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:34 AM ----------

One minute ago, spies report Magic visible from shore, but not docked.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:35 AM ----------

Current report, ship turning....

Appears they are not going to be allowed to dock.

Rumor from the CZM airport is they were expecting a team from the US to ferry out to the Magic for testing. One would assume CDC might like to know what is going on before they arrive back in Texas.

I wonder how many cruise ships (and flights) Cozumel (and other ports) will be turning away??? I would guess each ship brings at least $100,000.00 into the local economy.

I wonder how many cruise ships (and flights) Cozumel (and other ports) will be turning away??? I would guess each ship brings at least $100,000.00 into the local economy.

$100,000 sounds pretty low. If a ship carries 3,000 passengers that would only be $33 per person.

Back
Top Bottom