Coral Princess Closed for Remodeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cany920

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just heard from my local dive shop/travel person that the Coral Princess is closed for remodeling. Can anyone confirm this? Supposed to be there later this week. Tried calling but no one is answering the phone. Thanks.

I just returned from Cozumel a few days ago. We stayed just north of The Coral Princess. There was a large tarp surrounding the entrance, but it otherwise looked open. It appeared there was some construction around the lobby, but no other signs of the entire resort being closed. Good luck in finding some answers.

I just read on another site from someone who was there 10/11-18:

"A little drama with the Coral Princess before we left Detroit. I received an email from them saying that they were beginning renovations to the front entrance, lobby, pool and beach area and that our stay would be affected. They suggested we cancel our trip and schedule for a different week (not realistic) or stay with them but the pool and beach area will be closed. They would credit us for our weeks and maintenance fees in either case. As it turned out, the pool and beach were open and they started on the front entrance on Thursday. A minor inconvenience for us, however there were several members that were staying one or two more weeks and will have to deal with pool and beach closure. "

---------- Post added October 21st, 2014 at 02:25 PM ----------

On the bright side, it don't see a reference to the bar closing.....

:drunks:

Been in touch with Frank at Pepe Scuba. They resort is moving people over to the Melia since the pool and beach area will be closed for awhile. He will remain open and will pick us up at the Melia.

Back
Top Bottom