November weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was in Cozumel in July for the 1st time and loved it. Have some free time the 2nd week of November and curious what weather/sea conditions are typically like then.

Thanks for your help!

I have been in Cozumel in end-March, end-November and mid-December (over three different year) and I will be there during period 8 - 22 Nov this year . In my previous times there (three weeks total), the port was closed for only two days (beginning of Dec) due to El Norte.

If you refer to this site, Cozumel Insider - Cozumel Weather - Current Weather and Sea Conditions - Cozumelinsider, it will provide you with some good general information, including some of the answers you are seeking.

Check out the Cozumel FAQ, weather ect.... started by Christi. Have a great time.

The week before last the forecast showed rain every day, we had a few passing showers but most days it was sunny. The worst forecasted day was the 12th at 80% chance of rain and it was a beautiful day. One thing to consider is El-Norte’s, they occasionally occur in November not often but sometimes. A trick is to look up the 10 day forecast for Houston if you see a projected cold spike (north wind coming down from the Great Plains) it often means an El-Norte a day or so later in Cozumel (another great resource is Wing Guru). If so you might want a light weight wind breaker for on the boat as it can get cold coming up from the southern sites against a light Norte.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. It will be cooler than July but 80F in Cozumel is comfortable.

I like this site for Cozumel weather - Cozumel, Mexico Forecast | Weather Underground.

It can rain daily but pass quickly. It only sticks around if there is a weather system moving through. Watching Houston weather is useful. If you look at the rain forecasts and totals in the link above, it is predicted every day and the rain totals are generally low (excepting the Tropical Depression nearby now). Every once in awhile we get north winds that can close the port for a day/few days.

We have been going to Coz regularly in November the last few years and generally the weather is good. Missed all hurricanes as well (in other months too) but November is later in the season.

We've gone to Cozumel during Thanksgiving week for the past four years. Three of the four years we've had a "no dive" day because of weather. Last year there were two dive days in a row where there was no diving because of an el norte. However, during the first no dive day we contacted Aldora Dive Shop and asked if there was room the next day for six divers on one of their boats on the east side. There was and we were really happy we didn't lose a second day. None of us had dived the east side or with Aldora (we always dive/stay with The Blue Angel) and we had a wonderful experience. Although the diving isn't as scenic as the west side of the island, we were just darn happy to get wet! And Aldora is a first-class dive shop!

Good tip about checking Houston weather, but I think you mean Wind Guru

WindGURU: Cozumel, Mexico

A trick is to look up the 10 day forecast for Houston if you see a projected cold spike (north wind coming down from the Great Plains) it often means an El-Norte a day or so later in Cozumel (another great resource is Wing Guru). If so you might want a light weight wind breaker for on the boat as it can get cold coming up from the southern sites against a light Norte.

November is a good month. Like ColoDale I've been there in November for past 7 years most times with Dale. Temps are about 80 in day and 72 in evening, the humidity is much lower and I find it most comfortable.
10th to 20th seem to always be the nicest part of the month.

1st week might still be hot and humid but tolerable, more chance of rain from rain storms or lingering TS.
2nd and 3rd week lower temps and less humid occasional short rain showers that blow out quickly. Norte usually not strong enough to close Diving and rarely more than a day.
End of month temps drop a few degrees but still nice, more chance of a Norte lasting for 2 days or more.

I'll be there Nov. 1-8th this year, diving with Bottomtimedivers.net and staying at Sunscape Sabor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom