Interesting weather disturbance.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

surgeman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just noted the forecasted weather disturbance. Interesting pattern moving from east to west which I believe would be somewhat unusual as it is usually the otherway around. I just hope it does not amount to anything.

J...I just hope it does not amount to anything.

Rain - have had a bunch in the last 24 hours - clearing now but I think we've got some more rain on the way for the next couple of days

Just noted the forecasted weather disturbance. Interesting pattern moving from east to west which I believe would be somewhat unusual as it is usually the otherway around. I just hope it does not amount to anything.
Weather systems moving from east to west is typical around the world, with some exceptions. For a tropical system to move from west to east is uncommon, but happens. Are you talking about this one? It was odd to see it develop in the Bay of Campeche, maybe from remnants of a Pacific system that blew north to there, then head east - but it's mostly just pumping extra moisture into the area.

at201409_5day.gif

Gah!! I need it to be GONE by Tuesday.

The island needs the rain, its getting pretty dry on the east side. The models I saw showed it hooking north once it gets into the caribe and swinging towards Florida as a weak TS or TD by next mid week.

The island needs the rain, its getting pretty dry on the east side.

What are you basing that on? I haven't seen evidence of dryness anywhere, and I was on the east side Saturday before this particular storm and again today. The island certainly does not need this amount of rain over this period of time.

A number of streets remain closed due to flooding, but as far as I can tell they've let everyone return to their homes and are closing the shelters. A pumping station blew, so city water remains sketchy. Many pools are overflowing. My house practically never floods no matter what, but the lowest room had 1/2 inch of standing water in it this morning.

Prior to this storm, there had already been a significant amount of rain so I still wonder what makes you say the island needs the rain.

The models I saw showed it hooking north once it gets into the caribe and swinging towards Florida as a weak TS or TD by next mid week.
I guess it depends on where you look. My source says it's heading for the Bay Islands.

And will die Saturday after its overland trip. :wink:

Ah, forget about it. My reports are the diving was great yesterday.

but the lowest room had 1/2 inch of standing water in it this morning.

Wow. Damage minimal? That sucks. I read some of the schools went under as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom