The Major Downside of Traveling to Cozumel next week.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One of my greatest pleasures is setting my watch back one hour and enjoying an extra hour of sleep when DST changes over.

I am leaving for Coz on Wed and returning on Sunday and with horrification (if indeed such a term exists) I have come to the heartbreaking realization that I will miss Cozumels time reset (occuring tonight while I am in the US) and the US time reset next week while I am in Coz.

I have not even pondered the metaphysical question of whether or not I lose an hour in my life and if so, when I gain it back. I am guessing I gain it back while waiting for the Mexican Immigration Service to allow me back into their fine country. I guess after my first dive with narcosis at 110 feet I won't really care :)

Well that sucks, when I go back next week instead of waking up at 0430 and then twiddling my thumbs till 6:45, I will now wake up at 3:30. Better take a bigger bag of coffee. In the fall it takes me a couple weeks to get back on the track of just waking up at 4:30.

How about last March. Leaving coz at 9:30pm adding the 3.5hr flight time then another 3hrs for the time change!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How about last March. Leaving coz at 9:30pm adding the 3.5hr flight time then another 3hrs for the time change!

All you had to say was leaving Coz, that is trumatic enough. I am lucky and I am usually home by 6 PM but I have a tendancy to mope around and drink heavily in a depressed state.

My tradition is usually to order a pizza as there is nothing in the fridge and crack open a bottle of really good duty free rum.

Last March getting home at 4am, pizza wasn't in the cards but the rum flowed anyway.

I gain an hour on November 2 while sleeping in my bed in Texas, and I would gladly trade you that hour, and then some, to be in Cozumel for just 1 day. You get 4 days in Paradise, and you regret missing a one-hour gain? You really are a glass half-empty kind og guy, aren't you?

One of my greatest pleasures is setting my watch back one hour and enjoying an extra hour of sleep when DST changes over.

I am leaving for Coz on Wed and returning on Sunday and with horrification (if indeed such a term exists) I have come to the heartbreaking realization that I will miss Cozumels time reset (occuring tonight while I am in the US) and the US time reset next week while I am in Coz.

I have not even pondered the metaphysical question of whether or not I lose an hour in my life and if so, when I gain it back. I am guessing I gain it back while waiting for the Mexican Immigration Service to allow me back into their fine country. I guess after my first dive with narcosis at 110 feet I won't really care :)
i am disgusted with all of you low achievers. Always Looking for some excuse. It's not my fault!

Want to sleep in? It's called saturday (And Sunday). Are you a little tired? Feel like an extra 3 hours of sleep? SATURDAY! Shortest day of the week. Only 12 hours long if you sleep in until noon.

Go ahead guys. You are in COZ and I can't dive at all. Just rub it in. Bitches be like...what time is it. I got your 1 hour right here!

The extra hour here last night was great.

I guess the one good thing is that I will land at 10:30 am and could be at La Palapita, Money bar or Playa Palancar by lunch time - Just in time for my first fish taco. Hold on the Cerveza - I only drink at work - why would I want to dull the enjoyment of vacation :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom