Norte Hits Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave Dillehay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Port is open - I have been watching wind guru all week, never was worried about this one.

Air is cool but wind is not bad.

It looks like Coz has northerly winds the next few days, but not too bad we hope. That time of year. It blew thru here night before last and we're still chilly. There was another one behind it but it broke up - yay!

yeah, cooled off here in north Texas last night to the 30's. had to haul in the plumeria for the season...

...doesn't appear it will push as far south the island, but it looks like a little something is coming in from the other direction towards y'all.

yep, got here at 1:30, Mayair worked OK thru Cancun. Port is open but its a little rough.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

We just returned from down south (Columbia deep). it was a rough ride back with lots of chop and looking out at the ocean now it is quite windy. That said the diving was great today despite the wind.

Looks a little rough this morning but definately doable. It is still a ways out but the wind guru forecast for next Friday does not look good.

Friday is 5 days away. They're improved their abilities greatly over the decades I've seen, but I still don't believe any beyond 3 days.

No northerly fronts on the screen here in the contiguous 48 for now. There's a Pacific front crossing New Mexico today, hitting southerly winds here in the Panhandle-South Plains, giving us lousy cotton harvest weather today, worse tomorrow with rain - the one time of year we don't want the wet stuff...!!

2xus_sf.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom