January anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Queen Triggerfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Who else will be there in January? I haven't seen a list yet. We got an early snowfall and have terribly cold weather (and my darn joints seem achier in the cold every year), so I'm booked! I would be up for a dinner/drinks Scubaboard meet-up or two if anyone is around.

I'll be there Jan. 12-17, staying at Mi Casa en Cozumel (first time there). Not sure about diving yet, but planning on at least a couple days of 3 or 4 dives.

It's great having this to look forward to!

I'm in MN too and it is stupidly cold already! I will be at SCC the last full week with our dive shop trip. After last winter I decided I will be gone as much as I can this winter and started saving my vacation time. Bonaire for a week in December and then the Coz trip in Jan. I enjoy both places immensely though they are very different diving experiences.

Jan. 9th-25. Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa- diving with dive paradise.

I stole some information from Skittl1321's last post on the December thread. Hopefully no one minds being rolled over into January. Thanks Skittl.

So here's what we have so far:
MMM; 12/15-practically forever; home; Living Underwater
Mstevens; 12/19-1/4; Casa Suzana; Deep Blue
DeltaWardog; 12/20-1/3; ? ; Scuba Tony
Shadling; 12/21-1/3; Sabor; Aldora
Bearkeley; 12/29-1/10; ? ; Aldora
rossandmaureen; 1/2-1/9; Park Royal; Living Underwater
diverokc; 1/9-1/25; Hotel Cozumel and Amigo's Casa; Dive Paradise
QueenTriggerfish; 1/12-1/17; Mi Casa en Cozumel, ??
darook; last full week; Scuba Club Cozumel; Scuba Club Cozumel?

Right now it's 12 degrees Fahrenheit here.

Hotel Cozumel Jan 28-Feb 11, assorted dive ops. (lots of friends to stay connected with).

Ah, you are just around the corner from my house if it's the place I'm thinking of...on 5th or 10th Ave, yes (white with blue trim) between Calle 7 and 9? Great location. You are right next door to a place where a lady cooks local "snacks" in front of her house at lunch and some evenings. Unless you have a vehicle you might want to go with one of the few ops that do an in-town pick up. I use Living Underwater.... Owner/DM is, in fact, formerly from Minnesota. He has given up arguing with me whether the winter weather is worse in Saskatchewan or Minnesota.

Who else will be there in January? I haven't seen a list yet. We got an early snowfall and have terribly cold weather (and my darn joints seem achier in the cold every year), so I'm booked! I would be up for a dinner/drinks Scubaboard meet-up or two if anyone is around.

I'll be there Jan. 12-17, staying at Mi Casa en Cozumel (first time there). Not sure about diving yet, but planning on at least a couple days of 3 or 4 dives.

It's great having this to look forward to!

Sask is the COLDEST place I ever lived in. I only spent 2 years there (Saskatoon, 61-63) but the winters were very cold. Snow froze so hard you walked on top of it, no footprints etc. I was in the Air Force Reserve there & on one day went (as a passenger) flying in an Otter doing ski touch & go landings in rural areas. Darn near crashed on the first & only attempt because even it wasn't heavy enough to crush the snow drifts. We bounced off the first one so badly the wing tip almost hit another. That could have ended VERY badly had the pilot not been as skilled as he was.

Back
Top Bottom