Best Cozumel activity if it is raining?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jclifton

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at the airport waiting to depart on a trip to Cozumel with the wife. Looks like we will have at least one day of rain over the next week. If you had one day on Cozumel and it was raining what is the best thing to do or see?

We always stay on the south end of the island at AIs. So really anything different will be interesting.

Thanks,

Jason

Museum de la Isla
Kaokao Chocolate Factory Tour
Movie at Cinépolis, which is inexpensive and has great seats and superb popcorn
Mercado Municipal
Drive to the east side, which is nice to look at in the rain
Go to the Humane Society and pet the animals (and a bag of food or litter)

First, don't listen to the weather reports for Cozumel or you will needlessly worry about rain. Second, I agree, go diving. Third, wait an hour and and resume what you had otherwise planned.:wink: Disclaimer: I've never been to Coz this time of year.

+1 for go diving. Wednesday looks like a possible El Norte and if it doesn't shift, head over to the East side and enjoy the beach at Rasta's

---------- Post added November 23rd, 2014 at 08:22 PM ----------

The only weather report I care about is Windguru, wind not rain is what shuts down diving on the west side.

Napping & reading

Then take a hooded, water resistant jacket. I don't care for cold rain hitting my face sideways. Death Valley didn't bother me but I hate getting cold, and that norther that passed thru here yesterday was no fun. I'll be glad when that Jet Stream goes home.

I hope it loses strength before it gets there this week and your showers are light & enjoyable.

Go to a ruin on the mainland.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom