Need hotel for 1 night in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone,

I'm arriving 1 day early for a week a Scuba Club Cozumel. I arrive at noon and will need a place to spend one night before meeting my group.

I want something clean and comfortable, but not expensive. I don't need any amenities, and want to avoid a resort. I'll just be checking in, exploring town, having dinner, and then checking out the next morning.

I was looking at Hotel Pepita. Is that OK? Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

It is likely that Scuba Club Cozumel will have a room for me... but I'm doing research now, just in case.

---------- Post added November 24th, 2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

Also, what about Summer Palace Inn ??

I stayed at Pepita once. It was Motel 6 class...or below it. My room flooded twice from rain so I have not returned.

Look at Bahia, Casa Mexicana etc or any others in the downtown area here

Cozumel, Mexico map with hotel locations

I have gotten several cheap on cheaptickets.com and used the discount code near the top. Hacienda San Miguel (kitchen) for $50 a night.

"It is likely that Scuba Club Cozumel will have a room for me... but I'm doing research now, just in case." Obvious answer is ask if you want to stay there.

I've never stayed at Mi Casa en Cozumel, but after lots of research I am staying there in January. They have a room for $45 a night, and others for $60. The property looks really cool and the location is good.

Colonial Suites, around $40 USD. Nice quiet clean room plus the awesome breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana, included.

Suites Bahia, Suites Colonial, Vista del Mar, Casa Mexicana, Hacienda San Miguel, Hotel Plaza Cozumel (on Calle 2)

There was a thread about cheap hotels a couple years ago. Some great ideas there: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/447372-lets-talk-cheap-cheap-ish-town-hotels.html

We've stayed at the Caribe Hotel -- not to be confused with a couple others with similar names. They're located on Calle 2 between 15th & 20th. Quiet, clean, basic, (but with a pool), in a very pleasant setting. Tel # 01 (987) 872 03 25 / 872 42 83.

They used to have a all but worthless website, but no more. There are a couple of TA reviews.

Although I've never stayed there, friend who did think Pepita is fine; I've stayed at Costa Brava and it was fine but no frills. Fairly close to where you will be winding up and also close to stuff in town. I paid about $40 US/night but it was almost a decade ago.

Although I've never stayed there, friend who did think Pepita is fine; I've stayed at Costa Brava and it was fine but no frills. Fairly close to where you will be winding up and also close to stuff in town. I paid about $40 US/night but it was almost a decade ago.

I'd never heard of it before; thanks for posting! I couldn't find a website for them, though; just a bunch of 3rd party booking sites, which I detest. I plugged in March 8 - 15th, and was quoted $42.10 USD per night.

Update: Found a website for them, but can't book there.

Back
Top Bottom