Free Beer!! Free Beer!! Free Beer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kerrycorcoran

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, I apologize for the misleading title. Short on time and need assistance fast from the Cozumel experts.

With a group of friends (here now) and looking for a good place to go eat outside of our hotel (Cozumel Palace). I know there are multiple threads regarding this, but in a time crunch and hoping I can get some opinions and advise quickly to get the group at the right spot.

Criteria is I'm picky, I like basic food, steak and lobster would be AWESOME!! Within walking distance would be good, but not mandatory.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Kerry :D

Cozumel is not the best place for steak, though I have heard that Del Sur has decent steaks - I love Del Sur, but I usually just fill up on a salad and Empanadas. Pepe's Grill used to have good steaks, but I think it went downhill a bit after the son took over - but I haven't tried it in about 4 years, so it might be worth a try. For Lobster, try Lobsteria, Ave. 5 at Calle 7 Sur. Or, not in walking distance, but I hear that Casa Mission has excellent Lobster, and I really like the ambiance at Casa Mission.

Best place on the island is Chez Madeleine

And they have great beer.
Um, in Bonaire???

If it's not too late I'd try a place on the corner of Ave 5 and about Calle 7 which is pretty close to where you are. It's yellow and has a picture of a cook holding a lobster. I haven't eaten there for a couple of years; quality seems up and down though.

La Mission or Mission Parilla

Del Sur Argentina, hands-down. I'm from Nebreaska and know my way around a steak. :wink:

Regardless of the online reviews you'll find, Pepe's is horrible. Great service and white linen but the "steak" they served me had recently been the sole of someone's boot. Ugh.

Del Sur's not a quick walk from your hotel, but it'll be a cheap cab ride.

Appreciate all the insight. Will let you know where we eat and how it was.

Back
Top Bottom