Suggestions for snorkel ops for non divers - kids activities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bambino77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm the only diver in my family, so I want find some kid friendly activites to take my son (9 yr old) to in the afternoons and off day. Maybe snorkelling? Any suggestions for snorkelling ops?

Can anyone else suggest any other kid friendly tours or excursions for non-divers? I'm reluctant to buy tours from the street or beach. Can anyone recommend any reputable tour companies?

Staying at Park royal - Jan.

Thanks
Adam

If you're staying at Park Royal, your kids can hop one hotel over to Casa Del Mar. Across the road from there is "Tiquila", they have a stairway to the water there. Easy to go snorkeling. It's the same place where all the glass bottom boats bring the cruiseshippers. There's an artificial reef their too.

There is horseback riding, chocolate tour, swim with dolphins/sting rays. You're a little early to see the turtles lay eggs or hatch though.

Chankanaab is always good for the kids. Easy stairs and nice fish life. The locals will take pix of you and your son in a feeding frenzy of baited tropicals...lots of fun for kids. Also, try the ziplines for a different fun factor. Pricey, but hey, you are on vacation with your son! Have a ball. P..S., for neat souvenirs, take him upstairs at the Mega...they have tons of sporting goods and toys.

Money Bar has snorkeling, no beach though. No entry charge, just be sure to order some food and/or drinks there. It is just south of the Puerta Maya cruise ship piers.

There are snorkeling boats that go out from almost every beach club now. Money Bar, Paradise Beach, Chankanaab, Mr Sanchos, etc. It all depends what else you want to do. Some places have a charge for entry, some just require you spend a certain amount on food to use their facilities.

Thanks for the ideas! Going to checkout tikila, chankanaab, and money bar. Even though we'll be at an AI I like the idea of buying food and drinks as the admission fee for snorkeling. I didn't realize that decent reef life was accessible from shore.

On your way to tikila, you'll see the Atlantis Submarine shop. I think it's $80 per person. Goes down 100 feet. When I was 9 I'd have loved it. It's very comfortable. It would be extremely convenient for you. Safe to do after you've been diving too.

Also, there will be facility at the Park Royal to help with any excursions.

Chankanaab is a great place to spend an afternoon or a day. I've gone on my last three trips to Cozumel. Nice beach area, easy snorkeling, zip lines, dolphin shows/experience, sea lion shows, tequila tasting, etc. Check out their website before you go; they typically have a discount coupon that you can print off ($5 pp)

Stingray Beach is another excursion that could be fun for the kids. You feed the Rays and have a photo op, then snorkel around watching them for about 20 minutes.

Palancar beach has a snorkle trip that leaves about every hour or so. They take you out to 2 reefs. Im not a snorkler but it was ok for $35. There is no charge to get into palancar beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom