Going to Cozumel next week! NEED ADVICE! :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaScuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys!

Looking forward to our cruise to cozumel next week and going to be diving it on the 13th of December.

Can you guys tell me where the best place to go is that is decently close to port?

thanks a bunch! -Doug

Hi Doug. Which line are you coming in on? There are two different locations that cruise ships arrive at. The Carnival line docks at a place just south of town. The rest come in at a place called Punta Lungosta which is in town. There is zero to see/visit near the Carnival dock IMO unless you stop in at their "approved" self-contained shops, plus a few others across the street a ways.

Are you looking for regular shopping/eating or are you looking for dive ops that are close to the piers? If it's about dive shops, the answer is "none" and you need to set your diving up in advance of your arrival (probably with one of the ops that caters to cruisers' later arrival times) and take a taxi to meet the boat at your pre-arranged departure point. The Carnival pier is closest to where most boats go out...maybe a $5-7 taxi ride each way, depending on how much extra they charge you because you are from a cruise ship.

"" There are two different locations that cruise ships arrive at.""...........Marg----are you forgetting about the International Pier? Dive with Martin, Scuba Shack/Blue Bubble and others are easy walking distance as far as dive ops go. And there are several very nice waterfront restaurant/bars walking distance to the north as well. Just sayin'........although I was unclear about what the OP was looking for.......hahah.

Dive with Martin is ON the International Pier and if you dock next door at Carnival's pier / shopping village it's a short walk over to the International Pier.

The wife and I did diving with Dive With Martin on the International Pier last month.. We were satisfied with the service we received..

Thanks guys, we are actually on Royal Caribbean cruise lines... Where is this Dive With Martin?

Also, we are all bringing regs/masks, but will need BCs/tanks/fins. Do you know if they REQUIRE a snorkel? I haven't used mine in ages lol

Looking for a close REAL mexican restaurant as well. I printed out the sticky in this subthread so I think that will help with this.

Check with Aldora.com-----they do 'cruise diving'---& you'll get in about 2.5 hours(? or more) of BT with their steel 120's.......

Tampa---if you saw the three posts above your last question, you'll see that DWM is AT/ON the International Pier......??? Also FYI, DWM provides free equipment so that should help out (like if they require a snorkel....hahha).

Thanks guys, we are actually on Royal Caribbean cruise lines... Where is this Dive With Martin?

Also, we are all bringing regs/masks, but will need BCs/tanks/fins. Do you know if they REQUIRE a snorkel? I haven't used mine in ages lol

Looking for a close REAL mexican restaurant as well. I printed out the sticky in this subthread so I think that will help with this.

The Dive with Martin "office" is located at the foot of the International Pier ... a small hut literally as you exit the pier, you can't miss it.

Blue Angel also has a dive boat that is dedicated to cruise shippers. You can set it up ahead of time, not sure if they will pick up at the pier or if you need to go to the hotel/dive shop to board or not. They will give you all the details.

there are actually 3 cruise ship piers (so far :-( ), The International Pier and Puerto Maya are located next to each other about 1 1/2 - 2 miles south of town. Punta Langosta is located in town.

Most dive ops, including Dive with Martin & Blue Angel can rent you equipment, snorkels are not required, in fact it seems like most folks don't use them nowadays.

Casa Denis is a REAL Mexican restaurant, it is the one of if not the oldest existing restaurant on the island, located just off the downtown Plaza.

there aren't many restaurants close to the south piers, but Ernesto's Fajita Factory is not too far away, (walking distance for sure). they have very good traditional style fish (garlic butter fish, which is found all over the island), as well as other Mexican dishes.

... p.s. do you know of Body Construction Cross Fit in Tampa? It is run by my best friend.

Awesome info guys. So where do you think our RC boat will dock?

I've not seen that Cross Fit, but I'm also not downtown a lot and I think that's where he's located.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom