Brutus Cove, Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Graduado

Contributor
Reaction score
Found this 1965 postcard of Brutus Cove, Cozumel. Most of y'all know it as Caleta.

caleta 1965.jpg

Here is another of Punta Langosta, prior to the cruise ship pier (and even prior to La Langosta Restaurant! How may of you remember that eatery?)

Punta Langosta.jpg

Things have changed a little in the Caleta.

Things have changed a little in the Caleta.

Probably didn't used to cost $5 pesos to use the toilet, then again the old toilet probably didn't flush.

Here is another of Punta Langosta, prior to the cruise ship pier (and even prior to La Langosta Restaurant! How may of you remember that eatery?)

I don't go back quite that far, but I do remember when all there was at Chankanaab was a restaurant between the lagoon and the sea. You chose the fish you wanted to eat from a live tank and you could swim in the lagoon.

[/FONT][/COLOR]I don't go back quite that far, but I do remember when all there was at Chankanaab was a restaurant between the lagoon and the sea. You chose the fish you wanted to eat from a live tank and you could swim in the lagoon.
The lagoon was where I had my intro to scuba. 15 minutes in the lagoon showing me how to use the equipment and then off to the reef for a dive with the instructor. Next they gave me a fresh tank and said come back when it was empty so ended up doing both my first dive and first solo dive the same morning.

That's about how I remember it. Thanks for posting it.

[/FONT][/COLOR]I don't go back quite that far,

Here is a photo I took of the inside of La Langosta, after it changed from a small take-out stand to a palapa restaurant:

8.jpg

www.EverythingCozumel.com

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 276
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom