Windguru and Windfinder have me concerned about next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The direction may be of concern for Saturday thru Wednesday, but the wind speed prediction is very low, and not nearly enough to stop, or even degrade diving.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

What is the water temperature?

Everyone's gage is different by a small amount but all recent reports have been between 79 and 81 F. For the record, the colder water starts about early December when it drops several degrees to about 80F and stays near there for most of the winter, with the lowest I have ever seen at 78F. April is a transition month as it starts to warm up toward the mid 80s. (April is also a transition month for currents which can be crazy). May and June are steadily warming up to the max summer temp of 86F. IT may stay at 86F through the end of October but then starts dropping at least by mid November.

BTW, because the water is still warm in September, October, I think that is among the best times for Cozumel. Less crowds, still warm water, no chance of port closures from north winds…and in reality there is just a very small chance of a hurricane that we give "lucrative" hurricane insurance.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

I hope they start coming in soon!!!
According to my computer, it was 81F yesterday up at Canterelle. No Eagle Rays though.

Thanks for the replies. We'll be on the island 01/31 - 02/07. I can leave the wetsuit home with those temps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom