Sams Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are not members but will be staying the month of May in Cozumel. Is the savings at Sams in Cozumel worth joining here in the states even if we don't use it here?

MMM, if I remember, you can shop at Sams at CZM without a card? You just don't save as much. Am I remembering correctly?

We will have our own transportation and full kitchen for food preparation. Friends have said the booze is cheaper than Mega.

Might be worth it then especially since you will be able to use your membership when you return home!
We will have our own transportation and full kitchen for food preparation. Friends have said the booze is cheaper than Mega.

MMM, if I remember, you can shop at Sams at CZM without a card? You just don't save as much. Am I remembering correctly?
I don't know...have only been there once borrowing a friend's card when we happened to have rented a car for a short period of time.

I would have to drink a LOT of booze to justify the price difference versus card cost. But then again, I am happy drinking wine from a Tetra Pak. YMMV.

We buy stuff at Sam's such as closet safes, mattresses, printers, and the like. They have some nice beach towels and patio umbrellas. They do also have my preferred brand of tequila at a good price (with a free cobalt glass mug for making palomas - I'm trying to get a set together). I'm not sure we've ever bought groceries as such there. We briefly considered the 20-kilo bag of powdered creamer but decided that, since we never use powdered creamer, it might be best to pass.

For us, it's worth it because they have stuff we need at a good price and because there are some stores about an hour away from our home in New Hampshire where we can occasionally shop. If I didn't have a house on the island there is no way I'd buy a membership just for a stay on the island. There are plenty of places to get good groceries.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom