Suites Bahia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmperry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What are folks' opinions on Suites Bahia? Thinking I might grab a room there but have only rented houses in CZM before.

What are folks' opinions on Suites Bahia? Thinking I might grab a room there but have only rented houses in CZM before.
I have not stayed thereBill but I have heard people think it is perfectly serviceable and the price is good. You can't beat the location. Right across the street from my favourite watering hole!

I booked a room there for March because on this particular trip my wife and I are only staying three days. We normally prefer a larger place where we can do some of our own cooking, but this time I think we will want to be close to restaurants. We prefer economy over luxury. There are some reviews on SB. For example: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ew-tres-pelicanos-suites-bahia-lots-food.html

I highly recommend the Suites Bahia. In the few periods of time that I did not have a home in Cozumel, that was my hotel of choice. Not very fancy but roomy, clean and safe…that met my needs at a very reasonable cost.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Bienvenidos - Aldora Divers | Only the best of Cozumel

We thought it was fabulous.

Only complaint was was the water pressure; but at least it was hot!

We stayed at Casa Mexicana, the sister hotel to Suites Bahia. SB guests are allowed to eat at the Casa Mexicana buffet and we had breakfast every morning with another diver from Oklahoma. He said the rooms were clean and nice. Basic hotel, but it is next to The Thirsty Cougar where the best mojito in the world and best ceviche can be found. The Cougar has live music but I don't know how late it goes. It looked like rooms were 40-50 a night when CM were 70-90. The sleep and dive packages through Blue Magic were cheaper than anything else we found.
good luck and safe travels. Please drink a Bohemia Obscura for me.
jay

Thanks everyone - certainly helps that this is across from El Coffee and Wet Wendy's, and around the corner from Aldora. A shame the gelato place that was downstairs has evidently been replaced by a Silver Emporium though.

The Bahia is very adequate. As Dave says, nothing fancy but it's roomy. My last room there had a big fridge, A/C worked fine, and the location is great.

My 2nd favorite cheap downtown hotel, after Plaza Cozumel. Clean, pretty big rooms, wonderful location. Can get a bit noisy if you have oceanview room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom