Boat recommendations? Wifey gets seasick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimbody

Caribbean Connoisseur
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We've tried everything, nothing works except big stable boats for the wife. isla Mujeres last year crushed her beautiful diving soul due to the waves and the incompetence of the boat crews. Any opinions for Coz ops?

thanks

swim

No boat will be 100% stable or even close......it's choppy a lot of the time. Dive Paradise runs some big boats though.....

Best big boats I have been on at Coz are Scuba Club's. Slow and stable. Most of their Divemasters and Crews are very good, in my (limited) experience diving with them.

Has she tried Scopalomine patches? Nothing worked for my wife until she went to those.

Arent you being a bit hard on the boat crew??

Everyone on the boat this last trip were pissed. I know where you are coming from KWS but I'm not naming names. Just a series of unfortunate circumstances.

We've tried everything, nothing works except big stable boats for the wife. isla Mujeres last year crushed her beautiful diving soul due to the waves and the incompetence of the boat crews. Any opinions for Coz ops?

thanks

swim

it totally depends where you are staying.

SCC does have bigger boats which are very stable and we have never seen anyone seasick on them.... but you need to be staying there.

we used to only do the small, fast boats when we were in Cozumel but I found they beat me up on the ride out and back. Only time in Cozumel I ever felt a bit queasy was when they are sitting loading and unloading divers... those little boat roll a lot!!! Now that we stay at SCC, we don't have that issue. Even their 8 pack boats are more stable. Yes, they take longer getting out and back, but I will take the stable boat and the fact there is cover and a camera table and a head.

just my 2 cents.

robin

Mezicline works wonders for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If you're not set on Coz, there's better options for your wife elsewhere. PM if interested since this thread is in this forum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom