My Cozumel Blog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't leave for 3 weeks, but I just could not help myself. I started a blog for my trip to Cozumel. It will only have pre-trip stuff until I go... but I hope to add videos and pictures each day while there.

Jeff's Cozumel Scuba Blog | My visit to Scuba Club Cozumel

Wow. You are a little.... organized.... :)

My blog would, we leave in 10 days:

1. crap, I forgot the trip insurance. Doing that now.
2. Where is my.....
3. screw it Ill pack the night before.
4. Ok, I think I have it all. Its midnight and I got 4 hours sleep coming before rushing to the airport.

Wow. You are a little.... organized.... :)

My blog would, we leave in 10 days:

1. crap, I forgot the trip insurance. Doing that now.
2. Where is my.....
3. screw it Ill pack the night before.
4. Ok, I think I have it all. Its midnight and I got 4 hours sleep coming before rushing to the airport.

Mine would be very similar, except as follows:

1. Crap, I haven't made reservations to board the dogs yet - I wonder if I can get that done for less than my OWN hotel costs?
2. I KNOW that I've forgotten something . . . .
3. No problem, I know that can pack in a couple of hours - time for some computer games.
4. All packed! And it's only 2:45 a.m. ! Now, since there's no way that I'm going to sleep, and both dogs are staying within 18 inches of me, since they see the bags packed, what should I do until 6:15 when I have to leave to drop the dogs off so I can make my 10:15 flight. WAIT! I know what I forgot! The Dog Kennel won't take the dogs without their vaccination records! Now where the hell did I file those records!

Should be fun

I don't leave for 3 weeks, but I just could not help myself. I started a blog for my trip to Cozumel. It will only have pre-trip stuff until I go... but I hope to add videos and pictures each day while there.

Jeff's Cozumel Scuba Blog | My visit to Scuba Club Cozumel

I thought I had everything under control too... :cool2:

GoPro died on first dive.. Laptop HD gave up the ghost.. Forgot my wet suit on first boat dive..

You will have a great week. Do all the night dives you can...

Another pre-trip post: Technology

I have a Suunto Mosquito dive computer that allows logging and downloading of dives. I can't turn the logging off, that I know of. Daily, I log, on paper, the things that the dive computer doesn't, like the location, (Cozumel), the dive site, the boat name, the starting and ending pressure of my tank, the DM's name, my buddy if I have one, etc. I write down the date too, of course, so that I can be sure that the data I write down matches the data on the computer. (It logs the date of course.)

When I get back home, I download the dives and then refer to my sheet to "fill in the blanks".

So, no need to download my dive computer data when I'm in Cozumel. (Or wherever)

Mine would be very similar, except as follows:

1. Crap, I haven't made reservations to board the dogs yet - I wonder if I can get that done for less than my OWN hotel costs?

LOL, feel your pain on that one. I have to budget $60 a DAY when we're gone to board these furball Yorkies of ours. Some days I think I'm in the wrong line of work!

Back
Top Bottom