La Chef Bacon Lobster Sandwich

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gone_swimming

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I can't only eat this the couple of times a year I make it to Coz.

If you were going to recreate how would you go about it. I am thinking of making a mixture of chopped bacon, lobster, pesto, and what type of cheese? Mozzarella or perhaps Oaxacan?

Anyone think they have nailed this at home?

Dude, you simply CAN"T title a thread:
[h=2]La Chef Bacon Lobster Sandwich [/h]
And then fail to post a photo. I am pretty sure it is the TOS or SOG or PDQ. Anyway, it is a 'just not done.'

IMG_0656.jpg

:)

Attachments

• IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 485
I think Ill walk down the street and get one right now...

and oh yeah, they really are delicious...Ive had one just about every week for the last 3 months.....:)

Here is a picture of it from last March. I have to admit that I was a bit underwhelmed by it after hearing about it for several years on SB. It wasn't bad, just not something I would go back for.

Attachments

• 20140325_135629.jpg
    20140325_135629.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 477
Posted the same time as kss1dvr and have to say your sandwich looks better. Looks to be a double decker on better bread. Not sure why the inconsistency. Mine had a small amount of lobster and was made on cheap sliced wheat bread. Given the price, I'd try something else on the menu.....which had a lot to offer.

We love La Chef but have not had that dish yet. Maybe this trip. We are only about 10 minutes away from RO, so if you think you nailed it, I would be happy to render my official opinion.:wink:

I want to hit the Lobster Shack place that the guy from Kinta opened. One of Kris' guys. That looks to be the lobster sandwich bomb at the moment.

Posted the same time as kss1dvr and have to say your sandwich looks better. Looks to be a double decker on better bread. Not sure why the inconsistency. Mine had a small amount of lobster and was made on cheap sliced wheat bread. Given the price, I'd try something else on the menu.....which had a lot to offer.

It might be worth going back for a 2nd try. It was one of the better sandwiches I've had.

My brother said their hamburger was mighty fine and the pizza had good reviews as well.

Definitely a stop each trip!

Here is a picture of it from last March. I have to admit that I was a bit underwhelmed by it after hearing about it for several years on SB. It wasn't bad, just not something I would go back for.

Maybe I am reading wrong - but just because it was posted here on SB at the same time doesn't mean it was prepared at the same time.

The sandwich that kss posted is how the sandwich is currently served. Yours must have been a day that they could not get the bread - definitely doesn't look like the lobster sandwiches I've ever had there - and like crosshairs, I am there every week more than once - I don't always get that sandwich because there are so many things I like and I am actually allergic to shellfish, so I have to eat it in severe moderation :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom