Paso del Cedral - Secrets Aura Cozumel - lost camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littlechihiro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

We were diving at Paso del Cedral off Cozumel on 25 June 2015 and found a camera that had been dropped. It had photos of some people at what looked like Secrets Aura Cozumel. We are trying to find the camera owners and return their camera.

This is also posted on my Facebook wall (Taylor Callicrate) and you can find it on Facebook with hashtag #PasoDelCedral.

If this might be your camera (or you know who these people are), please send me a Facebook message or reply to this post.

Thanks!

camera_paso_del_cedral.jpg

Was it a Go Pro camera?

Is it possible to check with the camera maker to see if it was registered?

I've checked with GoPro and also posted this on CameraFound.com

I've checked with GoPro and also posted this on CameraFound.com
Once again this tip: Shoot a picture of your business card or some other form of contact information and always have it as the first image on your camera memory card. My wife lost her camera and strobe on Colombia a couple of years ago and they found their way back to her because we did this.

Once again this tip: Shoot a picture of your business card or some other form of contact information and always have it as the first image on your camera memory card. My wife lost her camera and strobe on Colombia a couple of years ago and they found their way back to her because we did this.

I try and shoot the inside cover of my vacation travel log book every morning after setting up my camera. I have all my info written down there.

I sometimes will make out a sheet with all my info at the top, and at the bottom make boxes for each day I'm diving; day 1, day 2 ... then check off the days as I go. It makes it easier to keep from mixing up my memory cards as well.

Hope your camera shows up!!!!

Since the dive camera has to go into a housing, we actually just keep an address label stuck on the inside of the housing and on the camera.

If water has washed those away, the camera is going to be useless anyway :)

Another good idea is redundancy in securing the camera to your body. I always have my camera attached with both a wrist strap and a neck strap that I thread through a D ring instead of around my neck. The fact that my camera in its housing is slightly buoyant at the surface helps if it gets dropped in the water while handing up on to the boat, too.

Just to clarify, this is a camera that I found (not lost myself), in case the owner is searching with 'found camera' as a keyword.

Look at her right wrist. That appears to be a dive computer. There is a possibility that she dove with the onsite dive op. If so, that is a huge fact. You have her hair color. If the pictures are date and time stamped and those were correct, you know at least one day that they were there. She has a yellow mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom