Anyone have any insight on Scuba Du?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dyarab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all.

A group (4) of us have reservations at the El President Continental in late October. 3 of us will have been recently certified in the Fla Keys, with the other diver being more experienced

I can't seem to find much feedback on Scuba Du, the hotel's onsite dive shop. Of course, their website has glowing reviews but that doesnt really help us. Nor does it have any prices or boat capacity listed on their website.

One thing I have found out is that they have a schedule (listed on their site) and dont deviate from this.

Does anyone have any feedback on these guys? How are their divemasters, prices, dealing with newbies, etc etc etc.

I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thx,

D

Thanks for posting this link - it was a while ago but still beneficial.

Lots of ops will pick up at the presidente. You don't need to limit yourself if you don't want to.

Dove with Scuba Du in January '14. Felt black tied and pampered the entire time. Fwiw, I have no other coz experience but can say with absolute certainty I'd hire Scuba Du again without hesitation. Ask for Ray,Michelle, or Pablo for your DM.

One thing I have found out is that they have a schedule (listed on their site) and dont deviate from this.

Does anyone have any feedback on these guys? How are their divemasters, prices, dealing with newbies, etc etc etc.

I appreciate any advice you can give.

Thx,

D

They have a big boat
Correct on they dive on a schedule
Dive masters are great
Prices - you're staying at the Presidente, do you really need to ask this question?:no:
Dealing with newbies - they excel at it

The Presidente has high standards and guests with high expectations, they expect no less from the house op

Outstanding Outstanding Outstanding, 25 Cozumel trips, 21 with Scuba-Du just great people.... you won't be disappointed.

Scuba Du is just fine. They have a reputation for safety, but do adhere to a set schedule of dives and use larger boats (and hence have larger dive groups).

When we stayed at the Presidente, we preferred to use one of the small independent boutique shops. They will all pick up at the Presidente's pier, typically have much smaller groups with better ratios of staff to divers, have flexible schedules that allow them to go to whatever site seems best right then, and no set limits on dive duration. Doing this allows you get an experience much more customized to your preference and needs, which generally applies to using the in-house dive shop at ANY Cozumel resort or hotel.

Back
Top Bottom