Taxi Fare

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richhagelin

Contributor
Reaction score
I'll be arriving from PDC on the ferry and getting a cab to Occidental Grand. Should that be about $25US? Is it more for 2 people.

I want to make sure I don't get ripped off too often by the taxi guys.

Rich Hagelin

richhagelin:
I'll be arriving from PDC on the ferry and getting a cab to Occidental Grand. Should that be about $25US? Is it more for 2 people.

Rich Hagelin

Here are 2 links http://www.cozumelinsider.com/transportation/

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/Taxis.htm

don't know how current they are but it is close. We paid 10.00 from our hotel to the airport in dec this list quotes 9.00.

Hope this helps. Have fun

richhagelin:

Rich Hagelin

$20-25 should handle it for two but depending on luggage they might try to charge you more. Some taxi drivers charge you more if they have to open the trunk! Have fun man, I'll be on a plain to Coz a week from right now myself.

We stayed at the Grand a couple of weeks ago and traveled to town twice and to the airport. From the Grand to the main square was $15, one way. The same was true coming back also.

richhagelin:

Rich Hagelin

There is a taxi stand right at the base of the pier across from the square. If you have more stuff than can comfortably fit in the small sedans that are used by most cabbies, ask for a "grande", which is a van. There will usually be one or two of them in line; they will pull one out of the queue for you if you ask.

Hi Rich:

It cost a total of $15 for my wife and me to ride from downtown to the Grand and $18 to ride from the Grand to the airport.

You should ask and agree on a price for the ride before you go anyplace.

Back
Top Bottom