Great first Dive Trip to Cozumel----Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azsilver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We were in Cozumel the week of April 24 through May 1.

After much research on the internet and advice from the Scubaboard and other sources we set out on our first dive trip to Cozumel.

We Stayed at Casa Mexicana----It was Wonderful----Ocean view ---- very Clean room, attentive staff, and very tasty breakfast buffet each morning which comes with the room, the bed was comfortable.

And next the great diving in Cozumel---what we had read about, heard about from other divers and now know first hand.

We dove with Christi’s Blue XT SEA. Raul greeted us at our hotel, we filled out our paperwork and he pick-up our dive gear. Our gear was waiting for us the next morning on Shamu and each morning during our week of diving.

Our DM was Aristeo and he was very good explaining the dive and the sites and UW finding all types of creatures. The diving was better than we had anticipated---and we came with very high expectations. Aristeo know the reefs and the area like the back of his hand and loves imparting his knowledge.

Margo….is a great captain and marvelous Magic tricks. He was always very helpful and friendly.

Christi was great to work with; a good instructor as we got our Nitrox certification in Cozumel. She have a great staff of employees working with her.

Here was our diving Schedule---the diving was Wonderful and the only bad part was it came to an end... We now are planning our next dive trip to Cozumel and understand the additive force it has on divers.

April
25th Palancar Caves
Delila

26th Santa Rosa Wall
Yucab

27th C-53 wreck
Paradise

28th Palancar Gardens
Las Palmas
Night dive 1: Paradise section 1

29th Columbia
Francesa
Night dive 2: Paradise section 2

30th Columbia Deep
Punta Tunich

Our favorite places we dined at were Guido’s, French Quarter, and Pepe's ---- we ate at many other places but there were by far the best.

Thanks for all the information on Cozumel and happy diving!

Two AZ divers!

So are you hooked?

Tim,
Yes I would say we are both very hooked! We look forward to another dive trip in Cozumel.

Are you guys OW or AOW? I'd love to get down there sometime and didn't know if there was an advantage of being AOW prior to going.

Glad you had a great time...Now if I can just find some $$

Jeff

AevnsGrandpa:
Are you guys OW or AOW? I'd love to get down there sometime and didn't know if there was an advantage of being AOW prior to going.

Glad you had a great time...Now if I can just find some $$

Jeff
I have my AOW with stress rescue and a fair amount of ocean dives, and my husband has OW with a lot of dive experience.

We are both Nitrox certified for added safety as we dive air tables and air Computer settings.

I learned more about dive safety, deep, limited visibility, nitrox, navigation, wreck and stress rescue; and a lot more about dive physiology during my advanced dive training. My advanced instruction was a lot more in-depth and informative than my open water as we were told they did not want to scare the OW students.

Pick a good dive operation in Cozumel. Let them know what experience level you are at and they will work with you.

Getting your AOW is just a start---the key is to keep learning and keep diving---This will help to keep your skill level up.

Nitrox if used correctly can also add safety.

Be safe and Have Fun!

Cozumel was wonderful! We can not wait to go back!

AZ Divers

Wow ~ sounds like you had a great trip! I really enjoy reading folks' trip reports because it helps renew my vision of the island. So often once you've been here awhile as I have you get into grooves and habits that are tried, true and comfortable. But reading about some one's island experience gives us all a fresh perspective on things! Thanks for sharing your experiences we all enjoy them!

cozumelinsider:
Wow ~ sounds like you had a great trip! I really enjoy reading folks' trip reports because it helps renew my vision of the island. Thanks for sharing your experiences we all enjoy them!

Im with Sherrie, thanks for the report, there are too many people on this board that complain about Cozumel being an overcrouded cruise ship pop culture destination.

ITS NOT.

It is a great Island with great diving and just enough pop culture for those that want it to be satisfied. So there!

cancun mark:
Im with Sherrie, thanks for the report, there are too many people on this board that complain about Cozumel being an overcrouded cruise ship pop culture destination.

ITS NOT.

It is a great Island with great diving and just enough pop culture for those that want it to be satisfied. So there!

Ditto.

Here's a tip. Bahia Hotel same owners as Casa Mexicana but half the cost. They bring over croissants, breads, juice and fruit every morning from the Casa Mexicana kitchen.

How loud is it right downtown at the Bahia? The rooms look great but I kind of worried about the street noise.

Back
Top Bottom