I need transport from Cancun to Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crispos

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Have to go down to Coz to finish closing my house purchase this weekend.

Does anyone have the lowdown on the best way to get to Cozumel from Cancun in the late evening?

I rented a car once but it was abit of a hassle at night, and the company charged me an extra week, took months to get it reversed.

Will any Coz locals be in Cancun coming back either Saturday or Sunday evening? That would be even better. Thanks.

Does anyone know how much a taxi from Cancun airport to PDC ferry dock costs?

Thanks, crispos

The last bus from Cancun Airport to PDC is at 20:30
If your flight arrives after this you have little option but to take a SHARED RIDE taxi.
Typical cost is $15-20 per person depending on how well you negotiate.

I wouldn't count on any CZM locals being in that area that late ~ plus the airport is really out of the way on the typical CZM-CUN supply run. But who knows ~ some one could surprise us and post here that this fits right into their plans!
Good luck!

cozumelinsider:
The last bus from Cancun Airport to PDC is at 20:30
If your flight arrives after this you have little option but to take a SHARED RIDE taxi.
Typical cost is $15-20 per person depending on how well you negotiate.

I wouldn't count on any CZM locals being in that area that late ~ plus the airport is really out of the way on the typical CZM-CUN supply run. But who knows ~ some one could surprise us and post here that this fits right into their plans!
Good luck!

Thanks so much for answering Sherri. I am not sure I want to be looking around, tired and cranky, for other people on a Saturday night to take a taxi. Most will be partying till late.

Are you saying the bus stops at the CUN airport? That would be great. Please tell me that is true and I will book my flight.

The Saturday flight arrives at 8pm but to make the bus the Sunday flight comes in at 6:40 so I can make it but only if it runs on Sundays. Es possible?

Regards.

Crispos:

I assume you want to fly into Cancun because it is cheaper. But if you are going to be closing on a home I assume you are going to be under a degree of stress, so why add more stress by having to travel from Cancun to Cozumel? Why not just look at the additional cost of flying into Cozumel as part of the cost of buying the home? That way you arrive more relaxed or more importantly you can be sure you will actually arrive on time for your meetings! How about if you fly into Cancun and then, for whatever reason, cannot get to your meeting on Cozumel on time. What is peace of mind worth to you in dollars?

Texas Diver:
Crispos:

I assume you want to fly into Cancun because it is cheaper. But if you are going to be closing on a home I assume you are going to be under a degree of stress, so why add more stress by having to travel from Cancun to Cozumel? Why not just look at the additional cost of flying into Cozumel as part of the cost of buying the home? That way you arrive more relaxed or more importantly you can be sure you will actually arrive on time for your meetings! How about if you fly into Cancun and then, for whatever reason, cannot get to your meeting on Cozumel on time. What is peace of mind worth to you in dollars?

Thanks, but there are no direct flights from Toronto to Cozumel in the Summer and Fall.

I am going Monday morning that solves the Bus problem.

You Texans have it made in the shade, direct flights to Coz all year round.

crispos:
Thanks, but there are no direct flights from Toronto to Cozumel in the Summer and Fall.

I am going Monday morning that solves the Bus problem.

You Texans have it made in the shade, direct flights to Coz all year round.
Hi Crispos:

It's never easy is it? It seems like nothing worth while ever goes smoothly. Good luck with everything. Soon the hassle of the house closing will just be a memory and you will be living 'La Dolce Vita' on Coz!

Thanks Dan. The flight I have is $371 Canadian on Skyservice and I will take the bus and ferry for a total of 155 pesos or about $13 US one way for a total of about $300 US.

I don't think you can get that price from USAir. But thanks for the heads up.

Just got back from Coz. Flew into Cancun and took bus/ferry/taxi to get to hotel.

Last ferry PDC-Cozumel is 11PM (run all evening on the hour (except 8PM no ferry).

Taxi from Cancun to PDC was quoted at $62 US for two people. I didn't negotiate very hard since Riviera bus was leaving in 30 minutes ($7 US each person).

Last Riviera bus leave airport at about 8:30. Collectivos are still about $18 US per person.

Rich Hagelin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom