taxi fare from airport to hotel???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Well, I think it's official...we are Coz-Aholics...we are planning our 3rd trip there for 2004!!!

We are playing around with the idea of doing all of our planning separately this time. Booking the flight separate from the hotel since there are such great deals on flights closer to departure dates.

Have a question that maybe someone can answer. Does anyone know how much taxi fare from the Cozumel Airport to the Fiesta Americana would be for the 2 of us?

I was looking on some of the travel websites and the cost for the ground transfers is 27.00 a person on one of the sites. When we were in Cozumel last month it only cost 6.00 to go from the hotel to the end of the shopping strip. Can't imagine it being much more than that to go on to the airport (or vice versa) but I'm probably wrong on that! Any info is appreciated!

You can't take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, you have to use the airport shuttles. Generally the cost is included in your travel package, but when I went in March I booked my own and had to pay $10 (hmmm, maybe $15, I've slept since then!) when I arrived and they packed us like sardines into one of their vans and dropped everyone off at their respective hotels. You can take a cab back to the hotel when you leave, and that cost varies depending on where you are staying on the island.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

cabs cannot pickup at the airport, some kind of law, but if you walk out to the street which is not far you can grab a cab from there. We were there two weeks ago and I saw several cabs across the street waiting. Cabs can drop off at the airport. We took one in Dec it was 10.00US from Hotel Cozumel. I'm sure it varies depending on where you are staying.

It cost us 90 pesos, about 9 bucks to get to the airport from the FA last month. I would also suggest, to walk across the street from the airport to grab a taxi, it'll save you about 5 bucks from taking the shuttle, plus it's faster. Being first-timers to Cozumel last month, we didn't take advantage of this, now we know better.

Mel

melfox26:
It cost us 90 pesos, about 9 bucks to get to the airport from the FA last month. I would also suggest, to walk across the street from the airport to grab a taxi, it'll save you about 5 bucks from taking the shuttle, plus it's faster. Being first-timers to Cozumel last month, we didn't take advantage of this, now we know better.

Mel

Yes, but it can be worth it or not, depending on how many there are of you and how much equipaje you have. Traveling light is not in our vocabulary, so the 100 yard trek out to the street with 5 of us and all our stuff was far more trouble than the time and money we'd have saved (10 minutes and 10 bucks) was worth. What's your hurry, anyway?

YMMV, of course.

Ive been in Cozumel 6 times and I see the taxis across the street. However with a pelican box weighing 70 lb plus two carryons(wife is non-diver) and a shoulder bag holding computers, documents,etc, the trouble to haul this stuff to the taxis is not worth it to me for the few dollars saved. Especially when its hotter than blazes and I got up at 4:30 AM to get there. If going to Casa Del Mar taxi tickets for two are 16 or so vs 10 dollars for a regular taxi. Not enough difference for the trouble

Ok, help me out here. Does this mean that there are shuttle vans from the airport to all locations? We will be staying at the Villa Aldora, will there be a shuttle to take us there?
Thanks,
Jim

parrotman:
Ok, help me out here. Does this mean that there are shuttle vans from the airport to all locations? We will be staying at the Villa Aldora, will there be a shuttle to take us there?
Thanks,
Jim

Jim,
The airport shuttles will drop you off at the appropriate hotel. Might take some time as they will drop off those closest first then work their way around town, but it's not bad. Just think of it as a "sightseeing" trip thru San Miguel.

Danny
www.divingrebels.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom