Blue Bubble...In Trouble?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was just curious, no one ever mentions diving with Blue Bubble, have they gone belly up? changed their name? ...what up?

oh yeah, by the way, 15 days to saturation!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

sharky60:
I was just curious, no one ever mentions diving with Blue Bubble, have they gone belly up? changed their name? ...what up?

oh yeah, by the way, 15 days to saturation!!!!!!!! :eyebrow:

but have lost several of the long time employees over the last year. I honestly don't know the status, but they are still running trips daily and appear to be fine.

Hector a/k/a Mago has been working as my boat captain for the last 1 1/2 years. He was with BB for 7 or 8 years.

Raul Platas (not to be confused with my other Raul Romero)left and worked for me for a short time until he purchased his own boat. He was also with BB for 7 or 8 years.

Pedro Pablo, who was with BB for close to 15 years, left BB about a month or two ago. He is the newest addition to my team!

By the way...they all left BB BEFORE I hired them...I didn't pirate any of them away...haha! I promise!

Christi:
but have lost several of the long time employees over the last year. I honestly don't know the status, but they are still running trips daily and appear to be fine.

Hector a/k/a Mago has been working as my boat captain for the last 1 1/2 years. He was with BB for 7 or 8 years.

Raul Platas (not to be confused with my other Raul Romero)left and worked for me for a short time until he purchased his own boat. He was also with BB for 7 or 8 years.

Pedro Pablo, who was with BB for close to 15 years, left BB about a month or two ago. He is the newest addition to my team!

By the way...they all left BB BEFORE I hired them...I didn't pirate any of them away...haha! I promise!

Christi-
Which Raul from Blue Bubble used to work with Dive Paradise years ago? Very nice guy...excellent calm dive master. Kind of tall for a Mexican national.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/santa_fe.html

Christi,
Thanks for the info on Blue Bubble, it is nice to have a contact on the island with first hand knowledge.
You are always quick to answer our questions and conserns in a cheerful and professional manner.
I don't know the last name of the Raul that we have dove with and like so much, but if it is Platas, I wish him God's speed in his new venture. He's a great guy and wonderful DM, always attentive and very saftey minded. My wife is a fairly new diver and he has always put her at ease.
We will be in town Sept. 3-11 and I'll try to come by and say 'howdy'.
Thanks again for the update, have a blessed week,
Marc 'the shark'

Christi:

mediakzar:

Christi-
Which Raul from Blue Bubble used to work with Dive Paradise years ago? Very nice guy...excellent calm dive master. Kind of tall for a Mexican national.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/santa_fe.html

The only Raul I know of who worked for Blue Bubble is Raul Platas, and he is definitely not tall. He's about 5'4, curlyish brown hair, super nice guy.

My other Raul, (Romero) worked for Caribbean Divers and Deep Blue previously, never for Dive Paradise, except maybe as a freelancer on occasion.

Of course there are a zillion Raul's on the island, so there could have been another Ral working for Blue Bubble before that I don't know.

As to your comment about being "tall for a Mexican National," actually, Mexican Nationals from other parts of the country are quite tall, it is the mayans and yucatecans (sp?) that tend to be short.

sharky60:
Thanks for the info on Blue Bubble, it is nice to have a contact on the island with first hand knowledge.
You are always quick to answer our questions and conserns in a cheerful and professional manner.
I don't know the last name of the Raul that we have dove with and like so much, but if it is Platas, I wish him God's speed in his new venture. He's a great guy and wonderful DM, always attentive and very saftey minded. My wife is a fairly new diver and he has always put her at ease.
We will be in town Sept. 3-11 and I'll try to come by and say 'howdy'.
Thanks again for the update, have a blessed week,
Marc 'the shark'

No problem! I don't have a shop open to the public since I work by reservation only, so you may have trouble finding me :) Anyway, feel free to give me a call if you want and have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom