Cozumel has an Angel watching over it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The worst is over, and it turned out to be no worse than a very strong "norte." We were very, very, very fortunate to have missed this one!

Highest wind gusts reported were less than 65mph, very little rain relatively speaking, and the storm has pretty much moved out.

We still have strong north winds, and it is still very cloudy, but I suspect that everything will start returning to normal today and diving will probably resume tomorrow...hopefully.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers...they worked!

Now my prayers and thoughts go out to those on the Gulf Coast. Please prepare and stay safe!

Time to get back to work!

Christi,

I've been following your threads over the last 24 hours or so, and can say I was left on the edge of my seat when you first started posting about the changing conditions. Coz is my favorite diving destination, for many reasons, so I was relieved to read later in the day that conditions were improving, and now that you and everyone there have dodged a big bullet.

Unfortunately, that bullet is now headed for Florida. I second Christi's wishes and support for our friends in Florida. Stay safe.

Coz bound in just 6 weeks. See you soon.

Jim

SeaHunt:
Christi,

I've been following your threads over the last 24 hours or so, and can say I was left on the edge of my seat when you first started posting about the changing conditions. Coz is my favorite diving destination, for many reasons, so I was relieved to read later in the day that conditions were improving, and now that you and everyone there have dodged a big bullet.

Unfortunately, that bullet is now headed for Florida. I second Christi's wishes and support for our friends in Florida. Stay safe.

Coz bound in just 6 weeks. See you soon.

Jim

Actually, it's headed for New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama coastal area. Florida will be spared this one!

That's great Christi. So glad to hear everything worked out for Cozumel. Hope the US Gulf Coast doesn't suffer too badly from this one either.

JK
http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel.html

Christi:
The worst is over, and it turned out to be no worse than a very strong "norte." We were very, very, very fortunate to have missed this one!

Highest wind gusts reported were less than 65mph, very little rain relatively speaking, and the storm has pretty much moved out.

We still have strong north winds, and it is still very cloudy, but I suspect that everything will start returning to normal today and diving will probably resume tomorrow...hopefully.

Thank you everyone for your concern and prayers...they worked!

Now my prayers and thoughts go out to those on the Gulf Coast. Please prepare and stay safe!

Time to get back to work!

Thanx for the update - we're supposed to visit Cozumel and GC next week (leave port on the 19th out of Tampa). Looks like GC took a pretty bad hit, but haven't heard anything about an itinerary change yet. Sadly, looks like the Gulf Coast is going to catch it...hopefully it will continue to weaken. Thoughts and prayers for those still in it's path....

Christi:
Actually, it's headed for New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama coastal area. Florida will be spared this one!

Actually, most models pinpoint (as much as a hurricane can be "pinpointed") to strike the coastline right at Mobile Bay, which indeed would spare the Florida peninsula, but which would put the Florida panhandle square in the path of the northeast quadrant of the storm. They just got drenched by the remnants of Frances a week ago.

glad everyone made it without a scratch

ggunn:
Actually, most models pinpoint (as much as a hurricane can be "pinpointed") to strike the coastline right at Mobile Bay, which indeed would spare the Florida peninsula, but which would put the Florida panhandle square in the path of the northeast quadrant of the storm. They just got drenched by the remnants of Frances a week ago.

Yeh Gordon, I just looked at the latest model! Those poor Floridians! They need a break!

I was wondering which hotel of your sugested list is still in good shape, carib bleu is damaged, have you seen it?

I had just gotten ready to send my deposit for a one week trip
in January. Is the Fiesta OK? I think I'll wait until after Jeanne
goes by before paying anybody anything!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom