Park Royal Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluewatertoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I are looking at going to Cozumel in January. We are relatively new to diving with about 15 dives each. From what I have been reading ,staying on the north end of the Island is where you want to be if you would like to spend a lot of time in town. If you just want to dive stay south. Is this true. I have also been reading a lot of poor reviews on the Park Royal. Any opinions from fellow divers would be appreciated. We would like to stay at a hotel with decent beach access and possibly snorkelling

bluewatertoy:
My wife and I are looking at going to Cozumel in January. We are relatively new to diving with about 15 dives each. From what I have been reading ,staying on the north end of the Island is where you want to be if you would like to spend a lot of time in town. If you just want to dive stay south. Is this true. I have also been reading a lot of poor reviews on the Park Royal. Any opinions from fellow divers would be appreciated. We would like to stay at a hotel with decent beach access and possibly snorkelling
I've stayed at Park Royal twice now and have not had any problems so far. Scuba Shack is almost across the street and the beach dive there is decent. Really nice night dive too! We stayed at Hotel Cozumel this year and although it was nice and all we will probably go back to Park Royal next time.

bluewatertoy:

Well, it's better to stay more north if you want to spend time in town, but I wouldn't say "the north end" because that implies north of town. There are plenty of hotels in the central hotel zone which are south of town where you are close enough for a cheap cab ride to it, but also close to the more northern of the southern dive sites. Plaza las Glorias, Hotel Cozumel (isn't that what the old Brisas is called this week?), Caribe Blu, Villablanca, and Scuba Club Cozumel are such places.

Cheers,

Poor reviews are Poor reviews...So be prepared for it...cause you might write one when you get back...I went to the El Cozumeleno a few days ago and they have went through a renovation which I thought looked good. Never stayed there. Coral Princess has great snorkeling in front of their hotel...the Grand is also good..But stay there and eat the food there as the cab ride to town will eat your budget right up real fast. or rent a car....there are many options...Just need to pick the right one for you...Good luck....

Don't worry about the PR! We stay there every time we go to Cozumel, and would gladly stay there again, unless something has changed since our last trip in August of 2003.

Heres a link to my web gallery of pics, lots of shot of the Park Royal there. Feel free to check them out and PM me (private message or email) if you have any questions.

Park Royal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom